M8 variations

jameshays

Local time
7:16 AM
I know Leica is going to be very proud of their new digital M and all, but I hope they release an ala carte version with finish options as well. I will not feel comfortable having an M8 around my neck with a red dot and an M8 lettering on the front. I also don't want to put gaffer tape on a $5000 camera.

I really don't think camera thieves check out websites to find out what the latest camera models are and base their actions on what they find.

Gaffer's tape is pretty much non-marking anyway.

jameshays said:
I know Leica is going to be very proud of their new digital M and all, but I hope they release an ala carte version with finish options as well. I will not feel comfortable having an M8 around my neck with a red dot and an M8 lettering on the front. I also don't want to put gaffer tape on a $5000 camera.

What a splendid idea. I want a sunroof and an XM radio. Oh wait, you're talking about cameras. I thought you were talking about cars. Silly me...

Matthew said:
I really don't think camera thieves check out websites to find out what the latest camera models are and base their actions on what they find.

Gaffer's tape is pretty much non-marking anyway.

I think you'd be surprised at how resourceful thieves can be, especially when it comes to a small, easy to steal $5000 item.

jameshays said:

Thieves can probably car less what camera you have around your neck. It's the one sitting on your empty hotel bedspread around 1 pm that they are interested in.

Back