Mamiyaflex C2

DougS

Local time
2:06 AM
I haven't posted in quite some time here but do enjoy reading through the different posts. I recently acquired a pretty nice Mamiyaflex C2. This one did not live a hard life as cosmetically it's in good shape. It has the 80mm lens mounted in a Seikosha S shutter. Like anything that's 60 years old, the shutter needs a CLA. I'm really struggling with trying to find someone to do the work that doesn't charge $250+. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated .

Wish I had a suggestion for you for a repairer, but I think a lot of folks work on leaf shutters. Ask Zack's Camera Repair in Providence, RI maybe. I recently got one of these myself, albeit in pretty rough cosmetic condition (the shutter works fine though). Is the shutter slow or inoperative, so maybe gummed up? Maybe unscrew the front lens element and then unthread the scalloped lockring to get to the innards, and drip a little lighter fluid in there? (I know, lazy and maybe not effective, but it's worth a try.)

Mamiyaflex Hartblei Magnifier Hack 1 by Nokton48, on Flickr

My new to me Mamiyaflex C2 with 135mm Blue Dot lens. Atop the camera is a Hartblei modified Kiev 88 Magnifying Hood. I had a Kiev88 that took Hasselblad Backs and this was the finder for it. Attached right now in a very sturdy way with Hollywood Gaffer Tape from Midwest Photo. Manfrotto SuperBall Head, FOBA Mini Tripod extended with FOBA Combitubes. Background by James Bright C171 Softbox and Silver Fill

This will be nice compliment to my 135 Hasselblad Bellows with 135mm f5.6 Planar-S T*

Back