Massaging the shutter on the Widelux F7, shutter is open?!

Local time
11:15 AM

I just noticed the shutter was open while I was massaging it, I remember it didn't before

I just noticed the shutter was open while I was massaging it, I remember it didn't before

Well, you'll have to pay Mr. Jeffrey Leon «Jeff» Bridges a visit; he'll glad to show you how the «massage of the shutter» exactly works.

(Be aware, he's a Hollywood celebrity; his hour will cost you some USD 25K, or more, if he finds you annoying.)

That sucks dood. For less than the price of the repair you can get a brand spankin new Horizon Perfekt. Which I preferred to my Widelux.

I know, but when there's film in it

Take it in a darkroom and wind it back into the cassette.

Should have bought the Horizon. No youve got an expensive piece of junk you'll have to put more money into before you sell it. Like a few of us told you from our expierance these are delicate and finecky machines. They're getting some age on them now and getting even more delicate. By the time you get it fixed you could have bought 3 or 4 Hodizons that are better cameras.

Did you even get one roll shot in it?

Justin posted a couple of fun pics he took with the camera in the pano thread. The last one though does look like something is going wrong with it, with the severe banding. Unless that happened in developing. The first two pics look fine.

You can get a new Horizon Perfekt w/ filter kit, case etc for $150 here
http://www.ebay.com/itm/371831517903?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
That should tide you over while you are waiting to get your Widelux fixed.

Back