New York May 2022 Meet-Up?

dshfoto

Well-known
Local time
2:00 PM
Might be time to have a meet up in May? How about a meet up on May 15th at Gebhard's Beer Culture, 228 W 72nd St, (bet Broadway & West End Ave. It's 1/2 Blk to the 72nd Street subway stop on the 1, 2, and 3 lines?
https://www.google.com/maps/place/22...,%20NY%2010023

I can get over early and stake out a table. Looks like it's time to get out and about again.

Also I still have an Imacon Scanner w/ complete computer set up looking for a home.

Steve H.

Yes, I thought that I would see if there is some interest. Gebhards Beer Culture seemed like it might work, and it is close to the 72nd Street subway stop on the Westside. There was some 47 views of the post suggesting a time and place, but your's was the only response so far. I was planning to go there on May 15th and see if others came by. Thanks for letting me know of your interest. Best - Steve

Steve,

Not sure I can make it. Lots of construction going on with the house. If I can I will attend.

I have a new camera bag made by Revival pretty much for motorcyclists. Also have the camera I call “The Devil Christian,” that is a fixed focus 4x5 using Linhof parts set up with a 90mm for a 28mm FOV.

Cal

Yah, it takes a lot of dedication to remodel a house. I lived on a boat in the Sausalito Yacht Harbor for the better part of a year while we remodeled (rebuilt) a house up on the hill. Steve

Yah, it takes a lot of dedication to remodel a house. I lived on a boat in the Sausalito Yacht Harbor for the better part of a year while we remodeled (rebuilt) a house up on the hill. Steve

Steve,

Pretty much this remodel has taken over my life. Been 8-10 months in the making. Then there are a few surprise turns that involve structural mods and upgrades like the 100 amp service in the garage.

Electrical inspection still has to get done.

1912 house…

Cal

Busy week, but I am still planning to get over to Gebhard's Beer Culture, 228 W 72nd St, (bet Broadway & West End Ave. It's 1/2 Blk to the 72nd Street subway stop on the 1, 2, and 3 lines, on on Sunday May 15th. I will try to get there about noon when they open, and hold on to some table space. Anyone shows up later, great. -- Steve H

Steve,
I'll try to make it. My wife may have other plans before she goes off for a month. I see if I can bring a couple of cameras I've been building to show.

In any case, I cannot make the May 2022 meetup, but I think I'll be going to NYC in late July. Maybe we can meet up in July too once I figure out my definite plans. It would be nice to see you all again.

In any case, I cannot make the May 2022 meetup, but I think I'll be going to NYC in late July. Maybe we can meet up in July too once I figure out my definite plans. It would be nice to see you all again.

Let us know as soon as your schedule firms up, and we can schedule something. Best -- Steve H.

New York, RangeFindersForum.com and others interested in photography -- Photographers Meetup Sun May 15, '22
RangeFinderForum.com photo group meetup on Sunday, May 15th, 2022 -- at Gebhard's Beer Culture, 228 W 72nd St, (bet Broadway & West End Ave). It's 1/2 Blk from/to the 72nd Street subway stop on the 1, 2, and 3 lines. I will be there about 12:00 -- 1:00 to ?
Long time monthly Sunday Photo Meetup group -- sharing stories and tips about shooting street & studio, equipment preferences, and general camera discussion, and sharing printing techniques. All interested in photography -- studio, street, photo journalism, travel photography etc, modeling welcome.
About time we get this going again!
Steve Harris

New York (May 11, 2022) - A survey by the Authors Guild, Freelancers Union, Graphic Artist Guild, American Society of Media Photographers, National Press Photographers Association, American Photographic Artists, and National Writers Union found that 62 percent of freelance workers based in New York had lost wages at least once in their career over an employer’s refusal to pay them. It also found that 51 percent of those who had lost income to nonpayment reported losing more than $1,000, and 22 percent reported losing more than $5,000.

“In the five years since we helped secure the passage of New York City’s version of Freelance Isn’t Free, the law has helped freelancers recover $2,144,198 in owed compensation for their work. But freelancers don’t only work in New York City. From Buffalo to Albany, Montauk to Plattsburgh, companies use freelance workers for everything from manufacturing, construction, and warehouse work to website developers, writers and graphic designers, and they deserve the same legal protections as their NYC colleagues,” said Rafael Espinal, Executive Director of the Freelancers Union.

Read more about it here -- https://nppa.org/news/survey-60-ny-freelancers-report-not-being-paid-work-performed

Steve H.

I'm sorry I won't be able to make it today. I've got too many things going on at once unfortunately. Hopefully we can do it again soon, and I'll make it out.

Back