Medium Format ... long may it live!

A little taste of Icelandig emptiness..

hasselblad_Iceland008.jpg

hasselblad_Iceland004.jpg

hasselblad_Iceland030.jpg

Giovanni, I really like the colors and the graphic qualities of your images, including the panoramic shots in another thread. I have been enjoying them for a while and am late to express my appreciation of them to you.

- Murray

Thank you Murray!

CZJ 180MM F/2.8 Sonnar on Pentax 645N.

With the standard 75mm f/2.8, the 645N has become my favourite point'n'shoot for day-to-day carry.

So I'm about to enter the Medium Format world and I saw this thread and thought I could see what people have done with theirs. Out of the blue I came across this image from 2009 and I'm thinking:

Is that a guy from 2020 who time travelled back to 2009 without realising and is looking at people and thinking why are you not wearing some kind of mask?

While you ponder that enormous existential question, I'll just sit and twiddle my thumbs waiting for my Agfa Isolette II with the Solinar 75/F/3.5 to arrive:cool:

Mamiya 645 DF+ 55mm, Phase One P45:

Mamiya 645 DF+ 120mm T/S, Phase One P45. Lens tilted down:

Mamiya 645 DF+, 28mm, Phase One P45:

Perhaps some of the die-hard medium format users can help me: a friend bought a Mamiya 6 and the 50 and 75 lenses before his retirement...and then never used the kit. Mint. What would it be worth today?

Back