Medium Format ... long may it live!

I grew up in Jersey and spent a lot of time in the Village as soon as I could drive. Back then wherever I needed to be I could park right outside at the curb like the movies. Shows my age! At night it would be Chinatown for dinner and then Little Italy for the cannolis and then walk back up West Broadway to Tower Records.

That's my story, too.

Hasselblad x1d2 45 3,5
more here
best sem

Attachments

• 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    482 KB · Views: 8
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 8
U25074.1708801338.0.jpg

GFX 100S, GF 50/3.5 on a trip shopping for seed potatoes and compost. This is the first picture I've done with the camera so looking forward to more. And even to using a tripod!

I swung through the harbor after a late lunch today. We have two extractive industries here: fishing and lumbering. And the harbor is given over to reflecting this. Often I see fishing and crabbing boats moored and offloading catch or waiting to do this. Our harbor has a history of mismanagement when being run by one or other of the good old boys. Some humongous federal fines. And engineering missteps overloading piers where the surface sunk along its columns and now floods at high tides. This time, however, timber is being loaded on that part of the pier which is on solid ground.

First shot from across the water. The clock on the harbor administrative office does not work - no snide remarks, please - and is stopped at the usual pleasing 10:10. Second from over by the harbor administrative office and an up close peep at one cash flow here in Astoria, OR.

Shot around 2014 with a Hasselblad 501cm and 120 f4 Macro Planar. It hit the film was Acros at iso 80 developed in HC110 B.

These are 100+ year old flour milling machines. The mill is currently a small engine repair shop. Notice the chainsaws on the machines.

Attachments

• Ebenezer Mill A.jpeg
    Ebenezer Mill A.jpeg
    217.5 KB · Views: 17
Marjorie was from 1974, Hasselblad 500C and 80mm.

Old store, around 2016 with a Rollei 3.5F with a Planar.

Old post office and store around 1985 with Rollei 2.8D Xenotar.

1941 Dodge Truck, I think I shot it was my Hasselblad 501CM and 60mm but not certain.

Auto Parts, around 2005 with my 501cm and probably a 100 Planar.

Amoco shot in the late 70’s with my 3.5 MX EVS or May have been a 2.8D Xenotar.

Attachments

• Amoco Service and Grocery.jpeg
    Amoco Service and Grocery.jpeg
    346.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Auto Parts B.jpeg
    Auto Parts B.jpeg
    192.7 KB · Views: 14
  • Dentons Dodge.jpeg
    Dentons Dodge.jpeg
    226.6 KB · Views: 14
  • General Mdse.jpeg
    General Mdse.jpeg