Mess Ikonta 524/16

SCOTFORTHLAD

Slow learner,but keen!
Local time
11:39 PM
I recently picked up a v.nice Ensign 16/20,which is in the 6/45 format.After a couple of films,I couldn't settle with the portait format,so the seller very kindly exchanged it for a 21/4 square Zeiss Mess Ikonta 524.This has a non-coupled rangefinder,so I will be able to contribute to this forum.Have just loaded my first film.

So watch this space.:)

Brian.

Noel --- the hood you sent me for the Ensign is a perfect match with the Ikonta,
Excellent!

SCOTFORTHLAD said:
I recently picked up a v.nice Ensign 16/20,which is in the 6/45 format.After a couple of films,I couldn't settle with the portait format,so the seller very kindly exchanged it for a 21/4 square Zeiss Mess Ikonta 524.This has a non-coupled rangefinder,so I will be able to contribute to this forum.Have just loaded my first film.

Brian,

The Mess Ikonta is a hell of a camera. It is much smaller and lighter than the 6x6 Super-Ikonta, but very solidly built. The lens, either the Opton Tessar or the Anastigmat Novar, is great. As it was one of the last cameras in the Ikonta series, the lens is coated.

I have one with the Tessar lens and I find it sharper than the Tessar on my 6x9 Super-Ikonta. Maybe this is because 6x6 folders can achieve better film flatness.

Cheers,

Abbazz

Abbazz,
Many thanks for the re-assurance,mine has the Novar.I have the Case,but it is really quite compact,and would fit in a jacket pocket without the case and with a wrist strap.:)
I will try to post a photo in the next few days,and ultimatelt some results from the camera.

Cheers,
Brian.

As promised I attach a photo of the camera,just to give you the general idea.
(Shoddy photo I'm afraid,Hopefully my efforts with the camera itself will be better---I will put some up when they are ready.)

Brian.

Attachments

• iko 2.jpg
    iko 2.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 0
Cool, looks like a great little thing. Good luck with the photo's through it :)

Brian,

great camera!
I have one and I really love its portability.
The Novar lens also renders color very nice with a "light touch" to it.
enjoy & have fun!

joerg

Hello Brian,

Welcome to an all new way of looking at the world. I have and use three different ZI 120 folders and would agree, the Novar is a sweet chunk of glass.

Enjoy,
Joe

Hello Joe,
Thanks for the positives!Spent some time in Cardiff earlier this week on the reclaimed 19th century dockside,now an amenity area.Took the Ikonta along, and hopefully caught something good.
Cheers,
Brian.

As promised some of the photos from the Ikonta taken recently in Cardiff.Not sure if the files will transfer,if they do I will post more details seperately.

Brian.

Attachments

• zeiss004.jpg
    zeiss004.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 0
  • zeiss005.jpg
    zeiss005.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 0
  • zeiss006.jpg
    zeiss006.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 0
One more to go.

These are taken in Cardiff,the Capital City of Wales.This is the redeveloped Docklands/Waterfront area.Cardiff was the largest coal exporting Port in the World about a century ago--witness the wealth exhibeted by the Victorian Port Authority Building in the first picture.The second pic. is taken at a large steel water sculpture,and the last two depict the Wales Millenium Centre,an Opera House/Theatre and Cultural Centre.

Brian.

Attachments

• zeiss007.jpg
    zeiss007.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 0
Back