meter on the gsn

cathy_w_J

Local time
6:24 PM
Does anyone know how the GSN meters? Is it a spot meter or averaging meter?
I got my photos back and some are super sharp and others are soft but I think that has to do with me not using a tripod on the slow shots. :eek:

I have to figure out how to post them.

Ok. here goes.

I like the nap shot but it's very soft. I don't think the sharpness comes through in the scan of the gardent shot.

thanks!

i am loving this camera. i feel like it's just as sharp as my contax g1 and easier to use. the contax is great but i really don't feel like i have a sence of control at all with it. i want to get rid of the thing but the dh wants to keep it and learn how to use it. well made and nice looking but too high tech for me. the gsn is much more fun.

i love when you spend less $$ and end up with a few shots you can be happy with. the GSN cost me way less than the G1. also i have one of those cheesey plastic holgas ...... i have more good images out of that thing than you would think possible. every good picture feels like a gift. :cool: guess i'm a bargain girl.

You will find that the GSN shutter will stay open quite a long time in order to get a low light exposure/ This means that if the subject moves, or you move, you will get some blur.

I agree with the GH man that the nap shot was characteristic of a wide open aperture at 1.7.

cathy_w_J said:
Does anyone know how the GSN meters? Is it a spot meter or averaging meter?
I got my photos back and some are super sharp and others are soft but I think that has to do with me not using a tripod on the slow shots. :eek:

I have to figure out how to post them.
Does anyone know how many degrees the GSN meter cover?

I´ve been making some experiments and found that the angle covered by the meter depends on ASA settings. I think this is due to optical design of the diaphragm used to adjust meter´s sensitivity. Remember that the CdS cell doesn´t have any lens in front of it.
Its an average meter covering aprox 35 +/- 5 deg. horiz. at ASA 100. I did not measure it at other settings, but it becomes narrower (more center weighted than average) as ASA setting is increased.

Back