Minolta CLE -- how fast battery drain if left on 24/7?

ryca

@_2126000
Local time
7:23 PM
Love my CLE but that On/Off/SelfTimer switch absolutely scares me!! Seems like its something that will just give up in time with no warning Has anybody faced this? Was thinking to maybe just leave it on... thoughts?

I cant say for sure how likely that switch is to give out, but I have a CLE that has definitely seen a TON of use before I bought it. The metal plating is worn through in multiple places and the plastic body is showing through, and the switch in question still works totally fine. But, I also don't think leaving it on would be an issue, the meter is only active when your finger makes contact with the shutter button so I assume there wouldn't be a draw on the battery simply by leaving the switch to ON.

I've had mine for 8 years. the switch can be a little fiddly but it has never stopped working. I would not leave it on but I don't have any experience with that.

My guess is that switches like that can be fixed since electronic contacts tend to oxidize over time.

ah thanks guys. comforting to know the switches tend to last (albeit fiddly!). will continue to live on the edge and turn it off when not in use! :)

As I remember, the on-off switch of my MInolta CLE was broken and permanently on. It seemed to do nothing to discharge the battery when not in use.

The battery hatch is on the bottom. If not using. Just remove the batteries if your worried about the switch

DON

Back