Minolta CLE rangefinder patch not visible after wet snow

IgalSc

Established
Local time
5:34 AM
Hello, fellow CLE users.

I bought my camera pretty recently, and have enjoyed it so far. Today we had a major snowstorm, and I headed out to shoot some photos. The camera worked as it should, despite the wetness and my viewfinder getting foggy all the time (but I had this issue with other cameras as well, whether they’d be scale, rangefinders, or SLRs).

After I returned home, wiped the camera dry, and let it sit for about two hours, I noticed that I cannot see the rangefinder patch, and thus is not able to focus.

Have anyone encountered a problem like this? If yes - what did you have to do with the camera?

Thanks ahead
Igal

Well,
This is quite interesting, but after sitting on the table overnight, the patch is now fully visible and functional.

Now I need to figure out how to weatherproof my camera

Sounds like condensation on the RF mirror. Glad it's resolved!

It never snows here, so I can't comment on that. Perhaps some of our Canadian contributors can chime in.

Best practice is to let a camera come to room temperature inside a bag, to avoid condensation. Same applies going outside from air conditioned interiors.

Best practice is to let a camera come to room temperature inside a bag, to avoid condensation. Same applies going outside from air conditioned interiors.

Thanks, man. I'm aware of the going in/out in the cold weather. This was not about cold. This was about wet snow/rain. I did take this camera out in a cold, and it worked like charm. Same is true with coming into a warm place from a frigit outside weather.

My question here was if this is an issue I will face in the next rain?

Back