Minolta Rokkor to Sony A7II adapter

jc48375

Changstein
Local time
9:05 PM
I am excited for the arrival of my A7II next week!

As I search for a suitable Minolta MD adapter to go on my a7II, I noticed that Fotasy NAMDT Pro model wouldn't fit on the a7II.

Can anyone chime in as to why it wouldn't fit a7II but ok with an a7?

Any suggestions on a good model / brand to get specifically for a7II?

If it helps, I only have a Rokkor 58mm f/1.2 to amount on a7II...

thanks for all your input -

Cheers,

You mean SR-mount lenses, a.k.a. MD or MC-mount. Your lens is a MC lens. Back then all Minolta lenses were called Rokkor - including several M-mount lenses.

I know that Sony strengthened the mount by using a magnesium alloy - but that should not have changed the specifications. On the other hand, it is cheap (no, cheaper) adapter and it might be out of spec anyway and the tougher mount just means it can't wiggle into fitting.

I own a Kipon adapter, but I don't use it on a A7ii - just get an adapter from a reputable maker, both lens and camera are worth it.

Addy101 is correct. A lot of older adapters took advantage of the flexibility in the original metal & plastic E mount cameras to use flanges slightly thicker than Sony's spec, allowing their adapters to fit more snugly to the camera. The current Sony E mount cameras have an all metal mounting ring and there is no flexibility.

By now most reputable manufacturers have either modified their adapters or, at the least, caution that their design won't fit the A7S or any A7II model. The safest bet is to find a product where the manufacturer/seller states in the advertisement that the adapter will fit any of these cameras (the mount is the same on all).

Are there any smart (chip) adapters for Sony, that would permit setting max aperture and focal length?

Are there any smart (chip) adapters for Sony, that would permit setting max aperture and focal length?

No. As far as I can make out there weren't any for Minolta/Sony A mount either. Perhaps too small a market, or some protocol restriction that prevents such a information-only chip.

The Sony LA-EA3 and LA-EA4 adapters allow A mount lenses to communicate with E mount bodies so that the camera can autofocus as well as know focal length and aperture.

There are adapters for Canon EOS lenses that do the same, by Metabones and Comlite (and others) but they vary in usability by lens.

Back