Minor changes to the gallery

MP Guy

Just another face in the crowd
Staff member
Local time
11:29 PM
Although minor, they are quite significant in terms of ease of use.

I have made it so now you can hover over a thumbnail. When you do so, the user and options caption is displayed where you can then click on the hamburger menu to see more details about the photo or click on the username for their member page.

You can click close to close the details window or click on another hamburger from another thumbnail.

Additionally, the details now open in the visible area of the window so it does not mess with the page size and scrolling.

Another change is the ability to switch between responsive and fixed width gallery layouts. Just click on the 4 expanding arrows on the top menu of the gallery pages to switch between the two modes.

It's all great now and I'm really happy to see the gallery working so well. One thing I have noticed though and maybe it's just me but when I open the image from the drop down menu there is no option to close it and go back to the gallery main page ... I have to use my browser's back button to do this. Am I missing something or is this just the way it is?

One more thing I'd like to query is the choice of default page when I open the Gallery Portal. It currently appears to be Hall Of Fame and I was wondering if this is permanent or are you going to rotate it?

The portal picks a few random from hof as the default landing page. I guess I could create a user choice as the option. No big deal.

Thanks for all the work and improvements you are doing for RFF. Hopefully these minor changes will attract more users to post pictures in the gallery...

Hi Jorge. The Gallery looks great this week. Can you look at my post in the weekly picks thread and tell us how to post there.

Hi Jorge. The Gallery looks great this week. Can you look at my post in the weekly picks thread and tell us how to post there.
Looking.

BTW, you can now add comments directly by hovering over thumbnails

When you click on the button below circled n red, you get a conformation box of the copied image location. You can then paste the copied link directly into a thread.

A little trick. It copies the medium sized image. If you want to copy the thumbnail , simply replace the med_ with a sml_ Or, if you want the large image, just remove the med_

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-06 223215.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-03-06 223215.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot 2023-03-06 223246.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-03-06 223246.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 3
Added the ability to also write a comment directly from the thumbnail view. See attached image.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-06 224159.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-03-06 224159.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 1
Thanks Jorge: the direct copy and [aste in thread is getting back to RFF 1.0 and very handy. I'll see if Robert Blu might embed it in the opening instructions in the weekly Gallery Picks thread.

On my mac I just drag images onto my desktop then drag them back into each post as I need them.

Back