Canada Mirror for Ljubitel 166U

IgalSc

Established
Local time
4:50 PM
Guys,
I have Ljubitel 166U with broken mirror :(
I'd like to have it repaired/custom made
Where in GTA (preferably North Toronto) can I do it?

Thanks a head!

If i remember correctly, the mirror in my MAT124 is just an odd cu thin glass mirror. So why not try to cut some thin mirror tiles from Home Depot or similar to the right shape?

It's do it yourself kind of things. Any repairman will charge more than cost of quite a few Lyubitels 166U in like new condition.

BTW, I meant Yashica-A which has triplet lens and is a kinda proper Lyubitel, perhaps on par with Lyubitel 1 or 2. Yashica-Mat 124G is completely different camera.

Last edited:
If it's a first surface mirror in the Lubitel, you could use a Polaroid One-Step for a donor. It would have to be cut down of course, but it would be cheap to try.

If i remember correctly, the mirror in my MAT124 is just an odd cu thin glass mirror. So why not try to cut some thin mirror tiles from Home Depot or similar to the right shape?

I'll give it a try, thanks

BTW, I meant Yashica-A which has triplet lens and is a kinda proper Lyubitel, perhaps on par with Lyubitel 1 or 2. Yashica-Mat 124G is completely different camera.

I just want the Ljubitel back - I love its pretty soft lens
Yashica-A would be much more close to Yashica-MAT (mine isn't 124G) in terms of lens and picture quality

Back