MM and ME got sonsor replace at the same time.

black man

Local time
5:29 AM
Hi all

just need a little help here. I sent two of my camera in just for dust cleaning with Leica Sing. Dust was on both cameras since the day i bought but too much recently then hv to sent in.

The Leica tech, after checking, advised that my ME got a kind of fungus and MM got scratched on sensors. I never attempted to clean the sensor even by blowing and the camera sit in dry box when not used so why fungus? It must hv been oil spot but anw the tech said it is a kind of fungus.

The ME sensor will be replaced under warranty but they want to charge me sgd2900 for the MM sensor replacement. And even advised that the MM warranty expired in feb 2013, 5 month before i bought the camera from leica authorised dealer here in sing.
Luckily that i still hv receipt to prove.

it was too much for me in terms of service level and leica sing seems not be able to make any decision. Hence i want to write an email directly to leica germany customer care on my case.

How come a sensor get scratched without being touched???

appreciate your help if you hv leica germany customer care direct emai as i cant find it on leica website or google.

thanks alot.

michael

Suggest stand your ground in Singapore. If they can't make up their mind or do the work, ask them to send it to Germany. Certainly you should not be paying.

Tks Richard. Leica sing cant change MM sensor locally so they hv sent the camera to germany. Hence i would want to appeal my case with leica germany as well.

Back