Monochrom Party

2WK

Rangefinder User
Local time
4:52 AM
Well I finally got my MM & 50 Summilux back from New Jersey for the 3rd time, and this time they replaced the lens. The old one suffered from strong focus shift that drove me crazy. So anyway, I am now really enjoying the setup (finally) and I took it out to document my friend Dj a party in Hollyweird.

http://togetherwekill90291.blogspot.com/2013/08/dj-harvey-get-lost-la-egyptian-theater.html

I really didn't do much processing besides adding some contrast, a tiny touch of clarity to some & a bit of grain. Since the lighting was very difficult I found I blew highlights a lot. :(

Oh well you live and you learn.
:cool:

Some of those look similar to shooting in a blizzard. Not something that Angelenos have a lot of experience with. :) Some nice shots there and it looks like a lot of fun was had by all!

Good for you that the set is finally working as it is supposed to be. It looks like focus is where your wanted it?
Get yourself a yellow filter and dial in a little exposure compensation, minus 2/3 works generally good for me in daylight situations to catch those highlights. But it depends how you meter in the first place. Enjoy your set up.

Thanks! It was a good time. I can see what you mean by blizzard. A lot of white on white, with gold sequins in the harsh light. Not to mention the bubble machine...

Klaus, yes I tested focus and it all appears to be spot on now. Any lack of focus in these series is only to be blamed on Heineken. I was actually using a medium yellow filter, but I will try the exposure comp next time.

Back