Canada Montreal or Quebec City ?

Well, I'm in Vermont, about 3 hours from Montreal and 5 hours from Quebec City. Haven't been to either city since about 3 years ago. We have been to Quebec City often when my children were younger, Montreal less often.

I can't help you there, as I live in central Oklahoma, but I have visited both Montreal and QC and found both awesome places. Gotta give QC the nod, though, in terms of beauty and that European feel. You're lucky to live there.

There's a bunch... ok.. at least two RFF members in Montreal - probably more to be honest - we went there two years ago (FrankS, Guy, myself, Somecanuckchick, Rob, and um... I can't remember who else) and it was a great deal of fun imho :)

Cheers,
Dave

I want to visit QC in either early June or August. In terms of weather and things to do, what is your opinion?

There used to be a very active group in Montreal. They had a meet a while back and posted many interesting pix. I can't find them right now. I am sure that some of them will surface and respond to this post.

Pierre Christian,

Can't help you with QC or Montreal but there is a thriving community down here in Toronto and no pesky civil code street photography laws either.

Bill

dfoo, if you understand French, this film is very interesting. The issue of civil code (or right to the image) is more acute in France, but it seems to be an issue in Montreal.

The law gets in the way in Quebec if you decide to exhibit prints from your street photography or sell the image to a publication.

Back