MP3 set (50lux ASPH) vs original M3 black + 50lux pre-ASPH

MP3 set (50lux ASPH) vs original M3 black + 50lux pre-ASPH

• MP3 set ( 50 Lux ASPH)

Votes: 37 56.9%
  • Original BP M3 + 50 Lux pre-ASPH

Votes: 28 43.1%

• Total voters
MP3 has the meter as Gabor says, but also 35mm frame lines. A great camera for walking around with. The BP 50/1.4 ASPH doesn't have the focus tab if that matters...
+1. The MP3 has the same framelines as an M2 so it's preferable to any M3. All it is is a gussied up MP and actually I think there are quite a few users. As Bob says it's a great carry-round.

Hi Noah :)

Lemme guess... you already have both these sets but cannot decide which one to break out of the display case and put to use? :D

The choice is meter or not, simple. They are both very capable lenses.
I don't understand why anyone would not use a BP M3 or an MP3. They are not one off's and their value although high is not that much more than a digital version.
If anyone has to question whether or not they will use it or not then IMHO they shouldn't be buying it BUT I do understand that there are people who just desire things to own and look at.
I'd have either happily but I'm not a fan of M3's because of the finder so I'd prefer the MP3.

Both cameras are good, but I prefer BP M3 and pre-ASPH lens more (although the ASPH is nice I find it has too much contrast)

Nice problem to have. Either one will work very well. Since you have never worked with an in-camera meter before it might be nice to use the MP3.

The choice is meter or not, simple. They are both very capable lenses.
I don't understand why anyone would not use a BP M3 or an MP3. They are not one off's and their value although high is not that much more than a digital version.
If anyone has to question whether or not they will use it or not then IMHO they shouldn't be buying it BUT I do understand that there are people who just desire things to own and look at.
I'd have either happily but I'm not a fan of M3's because of the finder so I'd prefer the MP3.

+1 how is this any different than buying and shooting a Monochrom or M240?

I have and use the 50 pre-asph. I really like the way it renders. If you want a sharper lens then go for the Asph...

for actual use, it does not f***ing matter.

Ummm....actually Mr. Attitude, it does matter.

I had the MP3 kit, while nice I just did not like the .72 frame lines for the 50, so after using the snot out of it, I sold it. I now only use one Leica and one lens and that is an M3 with a 50 Asph, that combo with a .92 VF is what I consider to be perfect.

Back