Mr. Ding put a ding on Mr. Zhou wannabe Leica lenses - the 35mm f1.8

Duofold RF

Well-known
Local time
6:26 PM

Mr. Zhou is facing competition. We will see more Mr. Lenses. Can these dudes hire a pro to have a better name? Ms. or Mrs XXX will be on the market in the near future.

Hopefully, there won't be any Registered Trademark ® infringements :)

iu

The page says that it's based on the Summicron IV (v4) the .. I'm not gonna say the name because believe it's silly to call it that... but you know the one.

I appreciate the small size, and that even the 1.8 stop is equidistant to 2.0 and all other stops also appear to be evenly spaced. That's a neat mechanical feat to pull off.

Also, what we're seeing reminds me quite a bit as to what happened in Japan in the 1950ies. First they started with straight copies of both bodies and - even more so optical lens designs. Later they released the same copies, but "sped up", from there they moved into homegrown lenses and body designs that only bore a very faint resemblance to their German progenitors.

Chinese lens makers may be on a similar path, and the Japanese cameras originally had plenty of silly names as well. It's just that most of these small companies or older names that big names such as Canon used are not known among people.

I see that they have a "Noxlux" as well .

I believe that this was their first lens. Along with the "first wave" of mainly 50mm and some 35mm speed lenses from China. I tested a couple, they're all quite decent performers for the money, but one should not expect miracles. I find the later generation Chinese lenses to me more refined both optically and mechanically. They're learning as they go

I believe that this was their first lens. Along with the "first wave" of mainly 50mm and some 35mm speed lenses from China. I tested a couple, they're all quite decent performers for the money, but one should not expect miracles. I find the later generation Chinese lenses to me more refined both optically and mechanically. They're learning as they go
I think the Noxlux is the name they’ve given to the v2 model of the 50/1.1. This started life as the Syoptic 50/1.1, then became known as the ‘Mr Ding’ and was then evolved into the v2, which seems to have few mechanical improvements and a change in glass for one element that slightly improves sharpness. Phillip Reeve has reviews of both versions and doesn’t suggest there is much difference.

If you have IV summicron, you still can see residual aperture rim at f2. I guess open all way to the glass edge, may give a f1.8. There is no optical diagram on its website, I guess this is another copy of iv summicron followed the polar 35mm.

This is the guy that came up with the Minilux 40/2.4 conversion kits and convereted "NOS" Contax G Planar 35/2, if anyone still remembers those from a few years back.

It's only nature that they move forward, who have already done so for a while.

The cool thing about me is that I simply do not mess around with chinese lenses.

Am I really going to use chinese lenses, develop, print, scan while my Leicas sleep in a cupboard? What kind of point would I actually be proving?

Clownesque.

This is the guy that came up with the Minilux 40/2.4 conversion kits and convereted "NOS" Contax G Planar 35/2, if anyone still remembers those from a few years back.

It's only nature that they move forward, who have already done so for a while.
Those were very well done.

The cool thing about me is that I simply do not mess around with chinese lenses.

Am I really going to use chinese lenses, develop, print, scan while my Leicas sleep in a cupboard? What kind of point would I actually be proving?

Clownesque.

But you do mess around with threads about Chinese lenses. For some reason. 🤡

Back