My Cafe Royal Book - about Cafes!!!

As you know, I have mine on order. I love cafe royal books and was happy to see you be featured.

Thanks for the kind words @Cyriljay .

Cafes, like independent bookshops and barbershops, seem to reflect the characters of their often idiosyncratic proprietors and have been a source of photographic inspiration and curiosity for me for 50 years.

It's also a great privilege to be part of the epic Cafe Royal publishing project.

Chris

@Brooktaw
Chris . I am Cyril. Nice to meet you.
Do you have any more links and resourceful links to the photo publishers in UK? I am onto several projects and trying to focus on self publishing too. _regards.
Cyril.

@Cyriljay I'm afraid I don't have any experience or information on other photo book publishers in the UK. I was just fortunate that I had material for 2 Cafe Royal books that fit with their emphasis on black and white social documentary work from Britain in the 70s and 80s.

I use Blurb books a lot to complete projects of my own but the costs, even with their frequent discounts, are too high to make it commercially viable. Dan Milnor has some great materials on using Blurb.

I think zines are the best option rather than books and if I was still in the UK I'd be keen to attend some of the zine events that are held regualalry, partly as a way to talk to people who are using this as a medium.

I haven't used Magcloud yet but it looks interesting.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Back