my camera came in!!!!

orendanger

Local time
12:50 AM
so my epson r-d1 came in! first image with it and "industar 50\2.8"! any tips or tricks?

Attachments

• _EPS0765.jpg
    _EPS0765.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 0
I'd be careful with any flash from the film era; many of them have a voltage level that can kill digital cameras.

i use a 21 as my 'go to' because it translates to about a 32mm fov in 35mm terms. i find that i get great DOF for street shooting, storytelling or landscape. coupled with your 50mm, which is a nice 75mm portrait fov on the rd1, thats a nice kit right there. a 35mm lens will translate to a 50, so to me, theres not so much of a difference with your adjusted '75mm' industar, plus youre not getting a wide angle. just my 2¢.

i am loving this thing!
photo.php

Im so getting another Epson,

Even with a M8, the RD is king for 50's.

28 is a stellar fov on the RD, maybe a cheap Orion-15?

I'm on my third one, they love the CV21. Put the frame lines on 28 and use the entire viewfinder. I have a Jupiter 12 that works well on it too. There's a character to the images it makes l just love.

Old school RF users leave shutter at 1 sec and focus at minimal focus distance.
Where are some technical reasons for it, not just traditions. :)

Do not dismount lens for no reason, less dust you'll get on the sensor.

Just leave the lens on until your ready to change them.

No need to worry about anything else with the Digital RD, maybe fold your lcd in for the night is all.

Oh and check your battery, charge or chznge with a fresh unit.

I'm going to recommend leaving the lcd out all the time. As they get older the wires want to break. Get a good protector for it.

Back