My DXO One is "Bricked"

ColSebastianMoran

( IRL Richard Karash )
Local time
9:08 AM
Launched app on iPhone. Plugged in the DXO One. "Needs to be updated!" OK.

Result: completely dead. Reset instructions tried. Nothing, no life.

Anyone have info or suggestions on ressurecting this little gem?

Update: Way up top, I reported connecting DXO One to phone, seeing "Needs Update" message, let it update when the battery wasn't fully charged, bricked.

Surprise: Leave it in the drawer for a year. Let the battery run completely down. Then, on a whim, plug it in. Bingo, it's back to life.

Serioiusly, I believe that letting the power run down completely resulted in a deeper reset than I could get from the "reset" button.

And, this is a very interesting little camera. Produces 25MB DNGs, with an option to make a four-shot noise reduction capture. Quite useful images at ISO 1600.

I actually use three of these in a housing to shoot 3D (three cameras give you a choice of three different base lengths - and since you can shoot all at the same time, you can worry about choosing later).

These in fact do need to hit rock bottom before the battery chip will reset. You may also find that it looks dead until it's been plugged in for days - when it thinks something is wrong, it goes into trickle mode. And charging gets S-L-O-W.

If things go really sideways, you can try to reload the firmware from a file (which I believe I have somewhere).

Dante

Back