My first Billingham!

Couldn't resist

Well, after seeing one Billingham Hadley Pro in the rff classifieds and seeing this post, I searched through ebay and found an almost new Hadley Pro for $165.

Being leery of ebay fakes, I asked the seller (100% positive, 1465 feedback) if he was the original owner and where he had bought it, etc... His answers were good enough for me (original owner, bought it from B&H, etc...)

So, I pulled the trigger on it. While I would have preferred black or olive, I guess this will have to do. Here's a picture of the bag, which I hope to have in my hands in a few days. :D

med_U23043I1417840544.SEQ.0.jpg

I have a Hadley and it is without the top hand hold as this bag. It is in Black colour. It is the same bag in size and inner compartments etc. I bought it on 1998 and it is still intact and great shape. it is amazing . I also have a larger shoulder bag for my Hussie. Same age and it is like more brand new as it was not my to go camera and the bag.

I bought my first Billingham when I started using a pair of M6's years ago--a Hadley Pro in olive green. I still use it although the Leicas are long gone. Over the years I've added three more--an L2, F-stop 1.4 and one of the big ones...I forget the number now. Great bags all around and they last virtually forever while being rain-proof. The only one I really carry is the L2. It's small and handles extra lenses or a body with lens (or two, if small). The others are for storage/transport.

There's no real reason to own a Billingham, when there are so many nice alternatives that are cheaper. That being said, I own three, and will never part with them! Some stuff you just want, 'cuz. Sorta like Leicas.

Back