my GTN is broken.. in

JoeFriday

Agent Provacateur
Local time
3:55 AM
I finally got around to putting a whole roll of film through my 'new' GSN.. I was slightly disappointed that there were no potential Pulitzer winners among the results

in fact, there were only about 3 photos in the whole batch that weren't messed up in one way or another.. I had a major light seal problem that I hopefully eliminated last night.. and I was also reminded that color film doesn't work very well with incandescent lighting

I'm going to switch to b/w film and see if I took care of the seal problem.. since I don't have any on hand, I'll have to place an order.. so I'm wondering what film other GSN users are getting good results with

Last edited:
Joe, sorry to hear about the light seals. I find Kodac 400CN gives the best results when processed by my local Wal-Mart. Tones look natural.

the light seal problem isn't that big of a deal.. I think I've already got that fixed.. it'll take another roll of film to find out, of course... but the good news is that the days are longer, so it shouldn't take me 2 months to use up a roll of film like it did last time

Kodak 400CN? I'll check it out.. and how about black and white film.. anybody?

Is the 400CN the stuff you can buy at a Longs in a single or 3 pack? I picked up some of that stuff (the longs stuff) and it doesnt have any real info on it besides iso of 400, black and white, and that it is C41 process. Are they the same thing?

I have been using that Longs stuff and Ilford XP2 and both have given me good results with my GSN. Like you, no pulitzer winning shots, but a few good ones :)

Back