My wish! An A7r with the Fuji XT-1 body!!!!

eleskin

Well-known
Local time
4:22 PM
Well I have to hand it to Fuji. They did it again! Beautiful layout and giant EVF! I just wish tha A7R would have the same layout. Dont get me wrong, I think the Sony is great and am seriously considering one, but the way that Fuji is designed is incredible! The new focusing options are amazing, anf the giant EVF and eye relief is a Godsend. I hope Sony is taking note. I also hope Fuji is as well by considering a full frame X!!!!

I am the opposite - I find even exposure compensation dial too much at the A7.
I wouldnt buy it if it would have an ISO and shutter speeds dial.

What new focus options are there in the XT-1? I know, I know, I could just google it. But I'm curious to hear first-hand experience.

But then the lenses would be bigger, the lenses would be worse performers, and it would have a menu taken from a refrigerator.

That was exactly my wish when I first saw the X-T1. A D800 sensor (and open source firmware).
The lenses don't have to be large, you can use rangefinder lenses.
X-T1 will feel great with a VC 35 1.4 for example.

The VC 35mm 1.4 is not on the list of officialy supported M mount lens in Fujifilm X catalogues.
(Because of the focus shift I guess?)

That was exactly my wish when I first saw the X-T1. A D800 sensor (and open source firmware).
The lenses don't have to be large, you can use rangefinder lenses.
X-T1 will feel great with a VC 35 1.4 for example.

I'd wish for this forum to be renamed "Sony E-Mount" from NEX since, NEX is dead.

Imagine A7R sensor in an R-D1 ;)

Any Fuji with the A7 sensor would be super nice, an NEX 7 with the A7 sensor would be neat also.

IMO the A7 seems superb, but doesn't have really basic things like a minimum shutter speed setting, no external charger, etc. Seems aggressive technological innovation and functional refinement seem so rarely to go together, just as well too since I'm broke.

The VC 35mm 1.4 is not on the list of officially supported M mount lens in Fujifilm X catalogues.
(Because of the focus shift I guess?)

No. It's only because the rear element isn't compatible with the Fuji M-XF adapter. If you use one of the many fine third party adapters, there is no problem.

How could focus shift be a problem in an EVF-based focusing mechanism? The EVF is WYSIWYG.

No. It's only because the rear element isn't compatible with the Fuji M-XF adapter. If you use one of the many fine third party adapters, there is no problem.

How could focus shift be a problem in an EVF-based focusing mechanism? The EVF is WYSIWYG.

That is good to know!

To my eye, the Fuji is a prettier camera but I've come to appreciate the A7 for the way I use it... Exclusively with adapted SLR lenses. Configured to my preferences, everything I need falls in the right place and its default, somewhat haphazard design ethos goes away.

G

I stumbled upon this thread while researching either an a7 or an X-T1. The title seems to sum up my initial thoughts, but then reading G's post above makes me pause as I would intend to use it similarly. I like Fuji and Sony, owning both already. This is a really tough decision.

When I think of a new camera, I think of Fujifilm, or Sony. I just purchased a Canon 400mm lens for my old 1DMKIII, but I can't imagine buying another Canon body when they just tweak their old technologies. Fujifilm and Sony are the innovators. I like traditional controls, but I can adapt, so Fuji won't get my business just on ergonomics. Fuji does a better job of supporting older cameras, but I'm done with APS-C purchases, short of a new APS-C sensor technology that gives me FF performance.

The new deals on the A7 and A7R have me looking, but I hate that I have to choose between electronic shutter and higher resolution. The next generation will have both.

Back