Mystery Camera

Ginkgo

Local time
6:35 AM
Hello! I'm new to the forum and hope to contribute what I can. First, apologies for asking about an SLR! Some years ago I saw a very unusual SLR film camera, probably in an antique mall. I'm almost certain it was Italian, but it was not a Rectaflex, at least not the block-shaped camera we know. It was very curvy, with a rounded silver body and even the lens was rounded and curvy. Any thoughts of what it was? Thanks for your thoughts! Norm

Not sure how complete this list is but here ya go...

Hello! I just seem to recall it was Italian. It was an SLR, or certainly appeared to be, and had very smoothed over edges. Not angular at all. It was stunning frankly.

Are you definitely sure it was an SLR and not a viewfinder or rangefinder camera?

Perhaps a Rectaflex Liechtenstein?

Rectaflex Liechtenstein​

datasheet_2651_datasheet_image1.gif

empty.gif

Photo Courtesy of willboy2010 - © All Rights Reserved

The Rectaflex Liechtenstein Camera was manufactured in 1955 after the Rectaflex company was sold to the Prince of Liechtenstein who moved the manufacturing to Lichtenstein, Germany. It was basicaly the same camera design carrying serial numbers 40000 and up. It featured a reshaped pentaprism cover, and carried the Liechtenstein blason or coat of arms on the front. The Rectaflex Liechtenstein Camera was produced until 1958.​

datasheet_2651_datasheet_image3.gif

Last edited:
If I think of an Italian camera with lots of curves, the Bilora Bella series comes to mind, but none are SLRs.

Or perhaps they have an early Alpa in mind. Not Italian, but nearby.

Back