Ne firmware 1.11

Just wondering if this update is only good for he Fuji m mount. Would this update help with a rainbow ltm adaptor?

The update seems to make the image in the EVF sharper, enabling easier focus in the EVF in M mode. I was having a lot of fun using the X-Pro1 with a ZM C Sonnar last night in a very dark bar in Taipei, a place where I could not normally shoot. Images from the X-Pro1 through the C Sonnar look great, and the handling is excellent.

The improvement to the EVF focusing in this firmware ought to benefit all users of the camera.

The update seems to make the image in the EVF sharper, enabling easier focus in the EVF in M mode. I was having a lot of fun using the X-Pro1 with a ZM C Sonnar last night in a very dark bar in Taipei, a place where I could not normally shoot. Images from the X-Pro1 through the C Sonnar look great, and the handling is excellent.

The improvement to the EVF focusing in this firmware ought to benefit all users of the camera.
Thanks noim

I haven't done any updates to my XPro1 yet. Are they cumulative, so that only the most current one needs to be put on, or do they all need to be put in consecutively?

loquax ludens said:
I haven't done any updates to my XPro1 yet. Are they cumulative, so that only the most current one needs to be put on, or do they all need to be put in consecutively?

I think you'll need to add each one as they're individually different updates, plus the updates are for the camera and, the lenses too.

Where did the EVF lag go? Is it just me or is the nasty EVF lag when using the magnifier at least 50% better after update? Wow...

+1
I use M lens on my X Pro 1 almost all the time but I can't understand why Fuji put so much efforts on m mount stuff.

My guess is that they understand they can take market share from Leica if they provide a solid M Mount digital body. Many of us have a stable of M Mount lenses that aren't always being utilized so the X-Pro1 is an attractive option.

My guess is that they understand they can take market share from Leica if they provide a solid M Mount digital body. Many of us have a stable of M Mount lenses that aren't always being utilized so the X-Pro1 is an attractive option.

Now, if they'd just provide a way to save your settings when you install firmware. It's a pain to get things back to the way you wanted them.

Or, have I missed some slick trick for doing that?

They're trying to scoop up all those Ricoh GXR and Leica fans that haven't decided yet?

U got that right. My gxr is feeling really lonely these last month after I got my Fuji m adapter. However the gxr still has some things going for it...
- smaller size
- does better job with the super wides.

Gary

The GXR seems to do a better job with M lenses, in general. I love the colors from the Fuji but I think the Ricoh wins in the usability department. No focus peaking on the fuji makes it hard to dial in those wide lenses.

Back