New 6 x 14 panoramic camera!

It does look pretty neat, but what's the £40,000 for? Can't it just be a 'print-on-demand' object? The design is alread done isn't it? Is it just for marketing and a website?

It does look pretty neat, but what's the £40,000 for? Can't it just be a 'print-on-demand' object? The design is alread done isn't it? Is it just for marketing and a website?

I'm guessing he can score a discount on the printing service for a bulk order. It's not regular PLA/ABS plastic from what I could gather.

I do like this alot, read about this personal project some time ago, but, how the hell do I print these.? lol
I enjoy printing in the darkroom, not going to get involved in getting a bigger enlarger, trays, just for this camera. O well...

I put in a question about removing the lens while there's still film in the camera, since I might want to use it on my 5x7, and got the following reply:

Hi Joachim,
I’ve actually been doing the dark bag method you described myself with the prototype, it’s not an elegant solution but it works. We’re working on integrating a dark slide on the production version just like on other medium format cameras, that way the K-Pan body effectively becomes an interchangeable film back. This is also one of the reasons why the tripod mount on the K-Pan is built into the lens cones and not the body, it keeps the framing consistent even when changing the bodies/backs. I hope that answers your question, please don’t hesitate if you have any further queries.
Kind regards,
Paul

Back