New Cosina Voigtlander lenses at CP+

The 50/3.5 in collapsible mount reminds me of the 50/3.5 Collapsible Micro-Nikkor in LTM.

50mm F2.2: 6 groups, 7 elements. The only other RF coupled 50/2.2 I can think of is the Canon. Fuji made a 55/2.2 for the ST-605 SLR.

The vm lenses look sweet. Especially the collapsible f3.5 which I feel takes the compact 50mm (heliar f3.5 v1)to a whole new level. Can't get enough 50s. We're spoilt for choice.😁

I’m looking for a compact 50. And was looking at the original color-skopar 50. But now i’m waiting for the new one.
Thnx Cosina :)

I like the cosmetics of the 50/3.5 collapsible but with 6 groups 8 elements & how "It uses an apochromatic design that makes up the three primary colors of light and brings the axial chromatic aberration of RGB to as close to zero as possible. A high-performance lens with" an overly high price tag for me unfortunately.

I'll probably have to go find a vintage Canon 50/1.9 collapsible for the same aesthetic, a faster aperture &, frankly, most of the performance if it's clean for a fraction of the price.

Or just keep using my Nokton 50/1.5 Asph LTM & be happy ;)

I like the cosmetics of the 50/3.5 collapsible but with 6 groups 8 elements & how "It uses an apochromatic design that makes up the three primary colors of light and brings the axial chromatic aberration of RGB to as close to zero as possible. A high-performance lens with" an overly high price tag for me unfortunately.

I'll probably have to go find a vintage Canon 50/1.9 collapsible for the same aesthetic, a faster aperture &, frankly, most of the performance if it's clean for a fraction of the price.

Or just keep using my Nokton 50/1.5 Asph LTM & be happy ;)
The Canon 50/1.9 is fast and inexpensive- but will be no where near as good as the other lenses you own.
For an inexpensive collapsible 50, get an Industar-50 in collapsible mount.

The Canon 50/1.9 is fast and inexpensive- but will be no where near as good as the other lenses you own.
For an inexpensive collapsible 50, get an Industar-50 in collapsible mount.
Ah, that is a good point. And it has that serious Tessar quality to it which would look very nice on the M 240. As if I needed another lens to troll for on Eprey ... ;)

More seriously, thank you for the reminder, that was one of the very best lenses they made.

My favorite "modern" 50mm lens, meaning newer than 1960s!
I am doing my one photo a day personal challenge this year with my M 240 and it. No matter what else I shoot with all year, I will take at least one image every day in 2024 with my M 240 & the Nokton. So far so good ... ;)

I may be wrong but the 50 f3.5 seems the first ever with a black collar. It looks super cool but I'm not sure how it wear. I wonder it compares to the tessar design of the Elmar m, which already produces wonderful results imo

It likely will be considerably sharper, especially at wide apertures and probably again - notably so on digital, being a APO design (red, green and blue all converge on the same focal point). It's probably closer on film, especially 400 speed and up or on black and white where I do not think you'd see much of a difference past f/8, exempting the likely-to-be-higher contrast of the modern lens.

Back