New Epson R-D1 Review from The Camera Store on Youtube

Cosina should get with it and re-issue this with just a few updates. Mainly the sensor/processor. I say leave it CCD and just get up in the 18 to 20 MP range and market the thing as a retro for real camera.

There is so much they got right in the usability of this camera but I think, like the M8, it is severely hampered by the CCD and the crop factor.

Yes, just put in a "cheap" Sony sensor and keep everything the same (besides image processing engine needed for the sensor)...

Although, I also really loved the color processing and results. So they need to tweak a little bit to reproduce it. Pixels and colors of the R-D1 were just pure cream.

Cosina should get with it and re-issue this with just a few updates. Mainly the sensor/processor. I say leave it CCD and just get up in the 18 to 20 MP range and market the thing as a retro for real camera.

Yep I would be interested in that rig!!!

It will be nice if they will do another R-D with good sensor. I was going to get one, looked at thousands pictures on Flickr, cheched images on dedicated threads and ... wasn't impressed with rendering. It was too old sensor in it and it is showing its limits.

Off shooting this coming Saturday and have decide to take the rd1 instead of my Fuji Xpro. Shooting mainly with CV 28/2 Ultron. May look out for a CV15 next.

i still think about my rd1...would be so nice to have one with a 40 sonar up front...

I'll try and take her out for some fresh air in the next couple of days if it isn't raining to badly. Monday looks to be cloudy, for the most part, so the B&W setting it is.

Can't say I'll get anything worth while but it beats leaving her stuffed in a bag.

got to play with the R-D1 that the TCS reviewed while I was in store 2 weeks ago.
love the advance lever, made it feel like I was shooting a film camera. i like how the rewind knob acts as a wheel to change settings.
although the menu seemed confusing for the 10-15min i played with it.

a higher MP version of the R-D1 would be great to compete against Leica.

i still think about my rd1...would be so nice to have one with a 40 sonar up front...

I've been using your old 40/2.8 Sonnar on my M9-P with good results. :)
My R-D1 has been lying fallow for at least a year now. It's a great camera, and I sometimes wonder whether full frame and more pixels are really necessary for my purposes...

I've been using your old 40/2.8 Sonnar on my M9-P with good results. :)
My R-D1 has been lying fallow for at least a year now. It's a great camera, and I sometimes wonder whether full frame and more pixels are really necessary for my purposes...

good that it is still in use...

Back