New feature in gallery

MP Guy

Just another face in the crowd
Staff member
Local time
5:54 AM
When browsing your photos ( in gallery mode ) you will see a flag at the top left of the thumbnails. Click on the flag and it will flag the picture for deletion, The flag then turns into a flag with a line through it. click on that and it will remove the photo from deletion queue.

This is a great way of scrolling through your pictures and marking them for deletion.

Don't worry. They won't get deleted until you decide to do so. But you can come back as often as you like to see what is in the queue or add and remove from the queue.

From your profile picture drop down menu, you will see a link to Photos flagged to be deleted. Click on that to manage the photos flagged.

When you are ready, if you have any photos to be deleted, on the left side of your dashboard you will see the option to delete them. That option only shows up when you have photos in the queue. At this point you will be asked to confirm, you wantto delete the photos. If you click ok, there is no turning back.

I just deleted more than half my pictures that were rubish using this method.

You may have to do a Shift - Ctrl - R to reload a few cached files

Interesting feature, I tried it flagged a couple pf pictures for deletion and it works as supposed. BUt when from the drop down menu from the profile picture I click the link to to delete them I get a 404 Error !

I'm on Mac, Monteret 12.6.2 anf FireFox 112.0.1 64 bit.

Not a big issue for me just curious to know if I'm doing anything wrong or if any suggestion.

Thanks anyway for the work you are doing for RFF, much appreciated :)

Ah the link from the profile pictures is to show you photos you have flagged for deleting. If you just deleted your pictures and you click on that link, you will get a generic message that no photos were found. Thats because all your flagged pictuyres have just been deleted. If you flag more pictures and click on that link before delting them, you will see the ones flagged for deleting in case you wantto unflag them.

Last edited:
Ah the link from the profile pictures is to show you photos you have flagged for deleting. If you just deleted your pictures and you click on that link, you will get a generic message that no photos were found. Thats because all your flagged pictuyres have just been deleted. If you flag more pictures and click on that link before delting them, you will see the ones flagged for deleting in case you wantto unflag them.
Thanks for quick reply. I did not delete the pictures, only flagged them for deletion.
Anyway I'll try later again to be sure I did not made anything wrong, which is possible :)
But it is not an issue for me because I am careful to post only the pictures I like to post, so I do not need to make "bulk deletions" :cool:

From your profile picture drop down menu, you will see a link to Photos flagged to be deleted. Click on that to manage the photos flagged.
Please explain that again, step by step: I don't see a link to ''Photos flagged to be deleted'' anywhere in my account. Many thanks, OtL

OtL: you must be in Gallery mode to see the link "Photos to be deleted" . I mean you must first click the gallery tab. I hope this helps :)

I made a minor change to it. so here is how it works now.

As Robert said, you must be in the gallery section of classifieds section of the site to see the option appear under your profile.

However, here is the minor change.

You will only see the option to view or delete flagged photos if there are nay that you have flagged. Otherwise, the option does not appear.

So, if you flag even 1 photo, you will see the option to view flagged photos by hovering over your profile picture. Then, if you go to the dashboard, you will see the option to delete them as well on the left side under the options section.

Screenshot 2023-04-23 124457.jpg

Back