New G Series?

N

NoTx

Just an odd question.

Does anyone think Contax/Kyocera may be bringing out a new G Series? It would seem that if Zeiss reuped their exclusive contract, that they should bring something out.

Any ideas anyone?

How would it be different from the current G2? I guess some would appreciate a larger viewfinder with better manual-focus aids. But I doubt we'll see much change in the Contax, as it's not exactly a mass-market item.

Note that Konica has discontinued the Hexar RF, and Fuji has dropped their medium format RF's. I think we'll be seeing hard times for the film camera market.

Doug said:
How would it be different from the current G2? I guess some would appreciate a larger viewfinder with better manual-focus aids. But I doubt we'll see much change in the Contax, as it's not exactly a mass-market item.

I was hoping for maybe 135mm capability, or more advnced metering (ala rts maybe?), a larger viewfinder, and maybe quiter. Now I am hoping for maybe one from the list I just wrte, not all.

Or maybe just some new (faster) lenses and an update as before?

Granted, I would probably pay quite a bit for a G Digital.

It's funny how the fairly recent surge in rangefinder cameras has made so many choices available. There's money yet in the market, it would seem.

I sold my G2 much to my eventual dismay. I, for one, would love it if they did indeed bring out another, especially one with another focusing aid of some kind.

Best lenses I've had the pleasure to use in Amateur Format.

Back