New lenses from Voigtlander - 40mm F2.8 M & LTM, 35/1.2 Z

I sincerely wish Voigtlander would join, or at least make lenses for, L mount. They have so many M mount lenses which would be fantastic if optimized for L mount,

The L mount version appears to be, from leaked product photos, L39 aka LTM.

Attachments

• photo113395.jpg
    photo113395.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 0
If this lens comes out in Leica L mount, what would be its advantage over one in M mount used with an adapter on an L body?

The "L" version is for L39 or LTM, an old screw mount from Leica before M came out.
It has nothing to do with today's Leica L-Mount

QUOTE---It has nothing to do with today's Leica L-Mount---UNQUOTE. Some links mention 'Leica L mount' while others mention 'Leica L screw mount'. One link was tagged 'Leica L mount alliance'. Cheers, OtL

Love when lenses are ltm! Best of both worlds.

Agreed. I hope this sells like crazy in LTM just to send the message that yes, there is still a market for screwmount versions of the stuff Voigtlander's putting out.

I've never really wanted a 40mm before, but this news has got me wondering whether I could get away with using a IIIg's finder to approximate a 40mm view...

LTM!
Yes! YES! YES!!!!

You probably could do nicely with the IIIg finder, but unless they reissue GOOD accessory finders (small and metal), it doesn't seem like a very useful focal length for LTM.

.5m close focus?
NO NO NO!!! A million times Please NO!!!

It did occur to me that it's possible they're offering the LTM version as a way to allow M users to choose their preferred framelines; you don't have to worry about filing down the mount to irreversibly swap from the default 50mm framelines on the M version to the 35mm framelines if you can just change the LTM to M mount adapter.

But I do hope that it actually means I can get some of the newer 50mm Voigtlanders in LTM moving forward. That would make me a happy man.

Back