Other/Uncategorized New LTM lens option: the TT Artisans 28/5.6 is getting an LTM release.

Other Screw mount bodies/lenses

Coldkennels

Barnack-toting Brit.
Local time
8:04 AM
As seen on Instagram this afternoon:

IMG_E62750A6F9CD-1.jpg

About bloody time - this should have been an LTM lens from the get-go! This, a Leica Standard and a VC 28/35 mini-finder is a perfect walk-about kit.

Is it going to replace my 28mm Color Skopar? No. Am I tempted to buy it just to signal that I want LTM versions of other lenses? Quite possibly.

Nice! It is supposedly a very good lens, reminiscent of the 28 Summaron, but with a different optical formula. It will work great on a Barnack.
I too have the Color-Skopar. Its an amazingly good lens, still!

They should make a copy of the Voigt minifinder, too.

If they did, I hope they could make the framelines clearer/brighter/less prone to disappearing than the original - and design a rubber eyecap/back that doesn't drop out and go missing within five minutes of using it for the first time.

Has anyone tried TTA's current 28mm viewfinder? I haven't heard good things about the other Chinese-made viewfinders like the KEKS one. Highlights from a post about the KEKS viewfinders on Reddit:

"I have the 35mm viewfinder and it is a totally useless piece of shit [...] when I look through the finder it throws my view out of focus and genuinely can’t compose if I try"
"I bought for my M4 and none of the bottoms fit correctly"
"Mine does not fit cleanly into my M2"s shoe and the finder itself is so blurry it is useless"

Yikes.

Looks to be a nice lens - I’ve been impressed by the TTArtisan offerings since the purchase of their 90/1.25 lens for Hasselblad X. Maybe this 28 might be a nice addition to my Leica IIIa.

If they did, I hope they could make the framelines clearer/brighter/less prone to disappearing than the original - and design a rubber eyecap/back that doesn't drop out and go missing within five minutes of using it for the first time.

Has anyone tried TTA's current 28mm viewfinder? I haven't heard good things about the other Chinese-made viewfinders like the KEKS one. Highlights from a post about the KEKS viewfinders on Reddit:

"I have the 35mm viewfinder and it is a totally useless piece of **** [...] when I look through the finder it throws my view out of focus and genuinely can’t compose if I try"
"I bought for my M4 and none of the bottoms fit correctly"
"Mine does not fit cleanly into my M2"s shoe and the finder itself is so blurry it is useless"

Yikes.

I have a light lens Lab 35mm VF....since a lot cheaper than Leitz. the metal is nice the frame lines don't project well....or completely.

The voigtlander metal 28mm finder is very nice. I have the 35mm version. If you look around on ebay, the LLL 35mm is not always cheaper than a SBLOO. I lucked out and found a black SLOOZ with leather case and box in Italy... should be here in a few days after being held up in customs for 2 weeks!

Back