Benelux New May Meet-Up

I might show up. Depends on if I can find a place to stay Saturday night. Otherwise I'll only be in the city on Saturday.

I'm going to be at a gallery opening in Hoboken at 2pm on Sunday but I'll probably be wandering around the city on Saturday.

Phil Forrest

I just want to know where the end of the world will be... :eek:

Inquiring minds wanna know, so I started a thread.

Saturday I'll be in Madhattan looking for the end of the world rally.

Either I see you in hell, or I see you Sunday at the Meet-Up at Puck Fair.

Perhaps I'll be a jerk and even carry my cell phone for once. Could come in handy. This way you might be able to call me. LOL.

Cal

No traveling this weekend - finally!
I'll see you all at Puck Fair on Sunday and perhaps I'll join in on the shoot.
I literally just acquired a Mamiya C330 that I would like to test out.

Kitok

...This is a great place for panoramas. You literally can get into one shot where 1/3 of NYC's sewage is processed and where 1/3 of NYC's garbage is processed in one shot with maybe a couple of oil refineries thrown in.........Cal

This I gotta see! Hope to make it there tomorrow, though might not be right at noon.

See you guys in a few hours. I'll join you for puck fair, but I can't go shooting after, have to play Mr. mom for the afternoon. But maybe I'll bring along one of my impossible side projects.

I had a great time at the Puck Phair meet up and the LIC shoot out! Let's see, I got to shoot with the Mamiya, Polaroid SX70, M5,and the Hasselblad Xpan. Also got to put my screw mount Arco Tele-Colinar 135 mm/3.8 and summarit 50/1.5 lenses on the RD-1 to get an instant check (so happy the lenses are fine!). Later at the shoot out I got to try out the voigtlander 15mm on my leica IIIf. That was such a trip! I want one! but, wait, the leica IIIf is technically my sister's, so...*hanging my head down...*)

I got pictures today already since some of the film I shot with were for C41 developing: one roll of fuji X-tra 400 (leica with the 15 mm voigtlander) and one of kodak 400 cn (in my minolta srt201). Yardley photo at 41 Bowery really have been on the ball, enabling me to test and troubleshoot the leica, not to mention that it's inexpensive to develop.($2.89 develop only, as little as 20 cents per print if over 20 prints)

I'm going to scan some pics later, just thought I'd first say a big Thanks for all who were there who once more gave me so much to think about and to be looking forward to trying (Caffenol here I come!).

Last but not least, Thanks Calzone for showing us your "backyard" in LIC. That was awesome, fishheads or not :)!

p.s. oh, and I got to put my new-found bottom-loading technique to use, twice, and passed with flying colors: no need for cutting film, no need for opening the lens, no need for card tricks. It'd been in the manual all along....CNNY is my witness.

Great to meet everyone yesterday.

I had a great time at the Puck Phair meet up and the LIC shoot out! Let's see, I got to shoot with the Mamiya, Polaroid SX70, M5,and the Hasselblad Xpan. Also got to put my screw mount Arco Tele-Colinar 135 mm/3.8 and summarit 50/1.5 lenses on the RD-1 to get an instant check (so happy the lenses are fine!). Later at the shoot out I got to try out the voigtlander 15mm on my leica IIIf. That was such a trip! I want one! but, wait, the leica IIIf is technically my sister's, so...*hanging my head down...*)

I got pictures today already since some of the film I shot with were for C41 developing: one roll of fuji X-tra 400 (leica with the 15 mm voigtlander) and one of kodak 400 cn (in my minolta srt201). Yardley photo at 41 Bowery really have been on the ball, enabling me to test and troubleshoot the leica, not to mention that it's inexpensive to develop.($2.89 develop only, as little as 20 cents per print if over 20 prints)

I'm going to scan some pics later, just thought I'd first say a big Thanks for all who were there who once more gave me so much to think about and to be looking forward to trying (Caffenol here I come!).

Last but not least, Thanks Calzone for showing us your "backyard" in LIC. That was awesome, fishheads or not :)!

p.s. oh, and I got to put my new-found bottom-loading technique to use, twice, and passed with flying colors: no need for cutting film, no need for opening the lens, no need for card tricks. It'd been in the manual all along....CNNY is my witness.

Where do you post your shots?

Mister E, I think I have posted ONE picture on Flicker a few years ago taken with my Nokia E90. So, online album is new to me still, and now getting into film it probably gets harder. I've some pictures on the forum here and there...all beginner stuff. I'll try to scan the prints from the shoot out and post them here after I'm done with "stitching" some Iberia piano music together.

I just NOW read the thread in the Travel section of you looking for a place to stay and all that, sorry. (You were the one with the quiet M5, right?) If there's a next time, I heard www.urbanliving.net is a good place to look. One of our neighbors works there. Also, most of our friends from out of town live in hotels in the upper westside that can be cheaper. some on 79th st, some on 103rd.

looking forward to seeing your shots from what sounds like an intense 2 days in NYC!

Edit: just remembered here are some pics from various times
https://picasaweb.google.com/HLingHLing

Last edited:
Back