New owner of M240 M-P

johnsonjj22

Analog Enlightenment
Local time
1:27 AM
After buying over the weekend and waiting for FedEx to arrive, I now have a Leica M240 M-P. I'm pretty excited about it :)

I did a lot of stuff with my M6 several years ago, but then a second kid and some big life changes made developing film a burden. I kept the M6, but it mostly collected dust waiting for the day when I might hand it to one of my kids.

My life got back on a predictable track and I'm back in my photography groove. Always lusting after a digital Leica, I finally bought one. It's a bit battered with a dent on the top plate and brass showing around the corners, which is all fine with me. Frankly, the amount of use this camera shows tells me the previous owner probably USED this camera, which I fully intend to do. I've never been one to treat my camera gear with kid gloves.

I'm already lining up photo stories to work on, and have been exploring my new home with a Nikon D750. The Leica will be a nice complement at times, and replacement at others.

Cheers and happy shooting!

Great camera...I too bought a used one a couple of months ago.....I especially wanted the live view for extreme wide angle interior shots....works like a charm.....enjoy your camera and above all have fun......Regards,Bill

Can I be crass and ask what you guys paid? A local shop has two at just over $4K. Seems a little high, but I don't see enough of them to get a good sense. Thanks.

John

Can I be crass and ask what you guys paid? A local shop has two at just over $4K. Seems a little high, but I don't see enough of them to get a good sense. Thanks.

John

I purchased a practically mint black paint MP240, complete in the box virtually like new, from Tamarkin for $4,400 a few months ago. That’s approximately the going rate for really nice shape used MP240’s. I would imagine a user unit like the one the OP purchased was substantially less. It certainly should have been.

A regular, non “P” M240 in similar shape should be $1,000 or so less expensive.

It is a wonderful camera to shoot, and should keep anyone interested only in high quality still imaging happy for quite a long time. Used like a classical rangefinder (no EVF use) the batteries last and last.

I purchased a practically mint black paint MP240, complete in the box virtually like new, from Tamarkin for $4,400 a few months ago. That’s approximately the going rate for really nice shape used MP240’s. I would imagine a user unit like the one the OP purchased was substantially less. It certainly should have been.

It is a wonderful camera to shoot, and should keep anyone interested only in high quality still imaging happy for quite a long time. Used like a classical rangefinder (no EVF use) the batteries last and last.

Here it's 2021 and I got am M-P 240 black paint in mint condition with less than 6000 actuations. Paid $3500.

Congratulations. I used a M 240 (no P) for 8 months as a loaner camera from Leica. There really isn't anything negative about this solid camera. I just wanted a smaller sized camera, so I then got an M10.

Enjoy.

Leica Miami has Two used M240 / Black paint/red dot...not M-P version
for $2695.00 ... Josh is a Pleasure and always Superb to deal with !

https://leicastoremiami.com/collections/new-used-arrivals
Fully agree. He fixed my little problem yesterday.

51195252191_aa0ca7a3e7_c.jpg

Congratulations on getting a fine camera. Enjoy it!

And, don’t sell the M6, it will only increase in value based on the trends of the last 10-20 years.

Congrats to all of you new M owners. The M-P 240 is an excellent body, I enjoyed mine, when I had one, quite a lot, and it always made good photos for me. :)

I'm not thinking of buying anything right now, but if I were buying I'd certainly not shy away from the M-P 240 ... or an M10-D. ;)

G

Great camera...I too bought a used one a couple of months ago.....I especially wanted the live view for extreme wide angle interior shots....works like a charm.....enjoy your camera and above all have fun......Regards,Bill
I had never used live view on my M-P 240, then I bought a 21mm f3.5 lens. Figured I needed an external VF then I tried live view. Yes, it works like a charm.

I had never used live view on my M-P 240, then I bought a 21mm f3.5 lens. Figured I needed an external VF then I tried live view. Yes, it works like a charm.

Live View has opened up a whole world of wides (and teles) for me as well. I've taken to using it when shooting 28mm and wider + 75mm and longer lenses.

I bought two last year, September and October. Both pristine and black, one boxed. Boxed was $2,700, unboxed was $2,850. Both very nice cameras.

Back