New to RF - Going to Italy

Welcome, Federico! Film cameras can be very inexpensive these days. About thieves, I think every large urban area has more thieves than it "needs"... And even in smaller cities it's wise not to tempt others too very much. :rolleyes:

I would like to thank all of you for your feedback!!! :)
Unforturnately I am still waiting for my package (the infamous brown people don't like me) :bang:

So until I do, I will be researching the Oly XA. I am looking to touch one first, and make my decision then. As for the trip, I don't know which camera to take, or if I can sneek both pass the boss :) . I will take at least some 200 and 800 film, mostly color, as I like to do the B&W in PS.

Once I get the Yashica I will run out and take a roll, then post them. I really appreciate all the information. Where else could you find this type of information. People who have just been where you are going (Jon). People who have travel extensively (gabriele), and all the different approaches to travel photography (Dougs film lesson). I will continue to read and post my experieces, and when I get back I will try to find a couple of decent pics to post.

thanks again all of you!!! :D

Jeff

:D Its here, its here!!!!!

It is a little beat up, and the original battery is still in it!! I will run out and get a new battery at lunch and see if I can get the meter to work. The shutter is awsome and the lens is super, no scratches. I have a hood that will work on it, and hopefully this weekend I will get some shots.

Thanks again for all of your feedback!!!

Jeff

Back