New to RFF

charlesfoto

Established
Local time
8:35 AM
Hello all ... I just discovered this great site and hope to be a regular contributor. I'm a moderator of the Viewfinder forum on photographyreview.com ... good site, but I may be the only one on the site who uses the Contax G2, so this will be a good place for me. The G2 has been my main camera, even owning presently or at one time or another, Nikons(have an F5 and D100) and an M6 with 50/2 Summincron.
Besides my passion for street photography, I do a lot of glamour/figure work. A rangefinder would not be the choice of cameras for this kind of photography to most photographers, but I've found that the G2 has become second nature to me, and I always wind up using that camera for most of my shoots.
I've attached a sample of the kind of work I do, and am looking for some help in how to set up a gallery. Thanks for reading, hope to get to know a lot of you soon.

Charles....we really needed someone here who specialized in glamour photo!! :)

Kidding aside welcome - you're sure to find this forum both entertaining as well as educating.

It's also friendly and quite addictive.

(Damn, it's your fault that I mention things in pairs of two) :D

Welcome!

Welcome!

Welcome!

Welcome charlesphoto,

Hope you find this a nice place to hang around - I know I do :)

Nice photo, too... At first, I thought "what a nice photo - even though it's not razor sharp. Well, sharpness is (sometimes) overrated, anyway, and this one is a proof."
But then I thought, wait a minute... Is the photo "doctored" in any way in PS or otherwise?
If not, congrats :)

Regards,

Denis

Thanks Richard and Denis ... I'm looking forward to spending a lot of time looking through the Galleries. I hope there aren't too, too many glamour photogs here, wouldn't want this site to get boring. :) Denis, yes, the image was softened a bit in PS. I do some post-processing on a lot of the glamour work. I also love street candids, will post some in the Gallery soon. Thanks for the quick and warm welcomes!

i don't think we have a glamour shooter here, do we?

welcome to our little part of cyber space, looking forward to seeing some more of your work.

setting up shop in the gallery is straightforward, a few hours sfter registering here you should be able to log in over in the gallery section with the same name & password as here and then you can start to upload some shots.

joe

Welcome to RFF Charlesfoto !

I remember the viewfinder forum, enjoyed a lot reading some discussions during the coffee break at work.

If I'm not wrong you had some April Dawn photos there too, hope to see both your work and you become regulars here :), lots of friendly and helpful people, only complain is they can make you look at eB@y auctions more than you'd like to :D

Best !

Oscar

Last edited:
Charles, welcome to RFF and I've really enjoyed the glamour photos you've posted to the gallery!

This will be good for us. To date our idea of glamour shots has been taking pics of our rangefinders beside cups of coffee :)

Gene

Thanks, Oscar and Gene. Oscar, yes, I did post some April Dawn on Viewfinder. Gene, rangefinders ARE sexy, aren't they? I guess photos of our cameras could be placed in the glamour category, don't you think? :)

Hi Charles! Welcome to RFF, the home of your friendly neighbourhood RF photogs! Hope to see more of your glamour shots!

Welcome to the forum, your shots are very nice and to do them with a rangefinder only adds to the beauty.

Todd

Back