New travel site

Roger Hicks

Mentor
Local time
5:57 AM
...for semi-adventurous travellers, called (logically enough) www.semiadventuroustraveller.com. It has the usual teething problems, but much of it is usable right now. It is very much work in progress, with lots more illustrations to be added and more articles in the pipeline, but if I waited until it was all ready, it would never go up.

Hope you like it. I'm off to Cologne tomorrow, and then will have my nose to the grindstone writing up the show, so I can't do much for a couple of weeks, but all constructive suggestions will be gratefully received.

Cheers,

Roger

Last edited:
Looks nice Roger. To test it out I naturally had to check your page on Luxembourg, which I found to be pretty much true to life. Just a few minor things - the speed limit on the motorways is 130 km/h rather than 120 and although it's entirely possible that the emergency numbers you listed still work as well they are now 113 for the police and 112 for everything else (as in the rest of the EU). Also, ATMs are quite common these days and can be found in every town big enough to have a bank.

Cheers,
Matthew

Looks nice Roger. To test it out I naturally had to check your page on Luxembourg, which I found to be pretty much true to life. Just a few minor things - the speed limit on the motorways is 130 km/h rather than 120 and although it's entirely possible that the emergency numbers you listed still work as well they are now 113 for the police and 112 for everything else (as in the rest of the EU). Also, ATMs are quite common these days and can be found in every town big enough to have a bank.

Cheers,
Matthew

Dear Matthew,

That's exactly the kind of feedback I need: thanks very much.

Quite a bit of the site derives from Motorcycle Touring in Europe, and even where I've updated it (which is far from everywhere) the webmaster hasn't necessarily added the updates... Improvements should however be reasonably rapid.

Thanks once again,

Cheers,

Roger

Back