New Version Voigtlander 58mm f/1.4 IN STOCK & SHIPPING

CameraQuest

Head Bartender
Staff member
Local time
9:14 AM
The new retro style version 58/1.4 Nokton's styled similar to the classic Nikkors of the 1960's is in stock and shipping.
They are beautifully made like classic collectible lenses.

58_14SLIIS_BL_001.jpg

58_14SLIIS_BL_002.jpg

voigt_58_14SLIIS_CH_001.jpg

58_14SLIIS_001.jpg

The image quality of the Nokton 58mm is exceptional, probably the best normal lens 1.4 in Nikon F mount ever produced.
Besides cosmetics, this new version adds a NAI metering prong for even the oldest Nikon SLR meters in addition to AIS metering and being chipped for digital Nikons DSLRs.

These new versions also have a smaller 52mm filter size (previous 58mm).

IN STOCK AND SHIPPING
$599 with free next day shipping to most lower 48 locations.
Black/Chrome Version Black Version

Thanks for looking,

Stephen

Eric, there is a nifty screw-in hood. Advantage is that it stays in place and doesn't fall off like the clip on Nikkor ones. A major advantage is that it will also work on the old 58mm f1.4 or any other Nikkor 50mm lens with 52mm thread. I had an original hood for the Nikkor 58mm f1.4 - but it fell off and rolled into the sea!!!!!!

I had an original hood for the Nikkor 58mm f1.4 - but it fell off and rolled into the sea!!!!!!

That is why I use screw-in shades on my Nikkors since 1971!

On the Nikkor-H Auto 50mm 1:2 f=50mm - a very nice lens - I do not use a shade at all as the glass elements are deeply recessed into the mount.

Erik.

Ot is the same formula as the older version of the 58mm f1.4 from a couple of years ago.

Is the front element size the same, even though they went from a 58mm filter thread to 52mm?
I'm wondering if that reduction would cause vignetting.

Gorgeous lens.

Odd that the image quality of a Cosina Voigtlander designed and made product tops a legendary optical firm that gave us the famous 5cm f1.4 lens in S and LTM mount and the spectacular 105mm f2.5 lens that came in S LTM and F mount.

Odd that the image quality of a Cosina Voigtlander designed and made product tops a legendary optical firm that gave us the famous 5cm f1.4 lens in S and LTM mount and the spectacular 105mm f2.5 lens that came in S LTM and F mount.

it does, try it.
specifically I am saying the Voigtlander 58/1.4 is better than any other normal Nikon F mount (50-58mm) f/1.4 lens. Not f/2, not other mounts, not other focal lengths. Generally it will be true.

No Pentax K mount - all the K mount SL lenses are discontinued. Unfortunately no EOS mount or Sony E mount or M mount either, but I keep hoping.

The hood is separate at $59 (same price as previous version)

Stephen

it does, try it.
specifically I am saying the Voigtlander 58/1.4 is better than any other normal Nikon F mount (50-58mm) f/1.4 lens. Not f/2, not other mounts, not other focal lengths. Generally it will be true.

No Pentax K mount - all the K mount SL lenses are discontinued. Unfortunately no EOS mount or Sony E mount or M mount either, but I keep hoping.

The hood is separate at $59 (same price as previous version)

Stephen

CV does make some fantastic lenses, maybe the torch has been passed and now its in the hands of this vibrant firm. It will only get better and better with each passing year.

So how does this new lens compare to the Minolta 58mm f1.4?

Or is that like comparing apples to kumquats?

The Minolta 58mm f1.4 was a 6-element design, which is unusual in a normal lens this fast. My guess is that it is not as well corrected and sharp as the CV lens, though it may have other favorable rendering characteristics.

- Murray

Back