New XTOL no good and Kodak is useless

Any updates on XTOL? Before I order any . . .

Sure. Production went to some well respected German company called Tetenal. They declared bankruptcy and the current guy is having issues.

I would avoid it period. The yellow syrupy stuff is changed also.

I had so many issues with original Xtol I was on first name basis with pro reps in Rochester. Even remember the phone -800 242 2424.

Mix D76 as I advised above. Always same always fresh. Over my career I used Microdol X, packaged D76, Xtol, raw chems D76 and will never change.
They can’t change it or discontinue it. It is mine.

I've been using EcoPro developer which I'm told is identical to XTOL. I love the results I get. In fact, I never hear anyone say anything bad about it.

Sure. Production went to some well respected German company called Tetenal. They declared bankruptcy and the current guy is having issues.

I would avoid it period. The yellow syrupy stuff is changed also.

I had so many issues with original Xtol I was on first name basis with pro reps in Rochester. Even remember the phone -800 242 2424.

Mix D76 as I advised above. Always same always fresh. Over my career I used Microdol X, packaged D76, Xtol, raw chems D76 and will never change.
They can’t change it or discontinue it. It is mine.

Sorry to hear Tetenal is having trouble. I remember the name. I was 18 years old, in the US Air Force, in training for electronics and radar, and in my spare time indulging my photo hobby in the base darkroom. I used Tetenal Neofin Blue developer. It came in little one-shot bottles, easy to store and use.

I'm with you. I'll skip XTOL for now and use D-76. I notice B&H won't ship it, you have to come into the store. A bit too far from my home in St. Louis. I just ordered my D-76 from Amazon. I pay for the Prime shipping, so why not order from Amazon?

B&H can't figure their ass from their elbow these days when it comes to shipping chemicals. One day they ship a chemical the next they don't. I've gone through this four times in the last year where D-76 would ship, then a few months later not ship, then back to shipping, and now, NOT shipping. EcoPro shipped forever then stopped shipping for 4 months and now is shipping again. Each time I file comments and questions with B&H and each time they have different answers from shipping regulations to manufacturer not providing the correct information. It's a real pain.

B&H can't figure their ass from their elbow these days when it comes to shipping chemicals. One day they ship a chemical the next they don't. I've gone through this four times in the last year where D-76 would ship, then a few months later not ship, then back to shipping, and now, NOT shipping. EcoPro shipped forever then stopped shipping for 4 months and now is shipping again. Each time I file comments and questions with B&H and each time they have different answers from shipping regulations to manufacturer not providing the correct information. It's a real pain.

It is frustrating. I don't know what they're doing.

Ugh. Just saw 3 of my five bags are in the recalled batch. I mean, if they are recalled. Haven't heard what to do with them. Maybe I'll go to ECO Pro. As much as I like being cheap, I've got enough busy work from analog photography and won't be mixing my own chemistry anytime soon. Each roll of film costs $.33 of developer to process so I'm OK with not saving the $.20 I would per roll by mixing my own developer from raw ingredients.

Back