Nicca / Tower LTM Nicca 3S

Nicca / Tower M39 screw mount bodies

richardHaw

junk scavenger
Local time
5:15 PM
I just overhauled one (near complete strip-down) and shot with it. I must say that I am impressed. the fit and finish is rather good and the tolerances aren't all that shabby apart from the cheap feel of the shims on the mount. Certainly not Nikon-S level craftsmanship but close.

I am enjoying mine a lot and it was quite a happy find. got in from a junk shop for $50. everything else is OK apart from the crunchy 2nd curtain which I had replaced.

I initially wanted one just to shoot with my LTM Nikkors but it looks like I will be using this more than originally intended:eek::eek::eek:

currently looking for a Tower 46/ Nicca 5L. They occasionally appear here in Tokyo but I haven't seen any for some months now.

I will recommend these little cameras to everyone.

I have three tower 45/46 a little more common here in the US. I think there great cameras well made the tower 45 with f2 lens and the tower 46 with the f1.4 lens. Lens is the only difference in model 45 and 46.
How do you feel about your nikkors compared to leica lenses ?

I have three tower 45/46 a little more common here in the US. I think there great cameras well made the tower 45 with f2 lens and the tower 46 with the f1.4 lens. Lens is the only difference in model 45 and 46.
How do you feel about your nikkors compared to leica lenses ?

Hello, I never had any Leica lenses :eek::eek::eek:

they're out of reach for me :rolleyes:

however, me and a friend just took some pictures for fun and I found that the Nikkors have more contrast, much like Zeiss lenses of old. The Leicas we used were pre-60s like the 5/3.5 Elmar and what I think is a Summitar. it can only be a Summitar because of how it looked. We were using a Sony by the way. This was way back when he got his Sony and was excited to play with his new adapter.

Still waiting for a junk M2 that I can restore and use for myself and a junk 3.5cm. I almost exclusively buy junks. Jon Manjiro knows my shopping habits and routine :rolleyes: I am a cheapskate.

I am enjoying mine a lot and it was quite a happy find. got in from a junk shop for $50.

I think a lot of these were bought for their Nikkor lenses and then the bodies were unloaded for cheap. Mine was $65, for example. It took awhile to find a nice Nikkor 50 for it!

I think a lot of these were bought for their Nikkor lenses and then the bodies were unloaded for cheap. Mine was $65, for example. It took awhile to find a nice Nikkor 50 for it!

that makes sense :eek::eek::eek:

I got the Nikkor 5/2 as a junk as well. it looked terrible, but cleaning it revealed that it's a decent copy and certainly worth much more :rolleyes:

it does have very good image quality just like the S-mount version. same lens anyway.

Just to report an observation regarding the Nicca equivalent Tower 43/3S, the one with a tower logo on the top plate, two flash sync ports on the front plate, bottom loaded.

The camera body allows a Rollei 40mm LTM to RF couple down to 0.7m, likely allowing other lenses to do the same.

Back