Nice holga photos and article

As much as mourn the passing of the Holga, I'm more saddened by something else linked to in that article the news that Anton Corbijn is giving up photography.

Now I found times to read and go through the photos.

Yes, Holga (as other toy cameras) is a refreshing experience, double exposures and expired film can surprise, sometimes interesting other times not so much.

And Anton Corbijn giving up photography is a very sad news ... for the ones not familiar with his work is enough to look at tha Pavarotti's portrait in the linked article to see what a he is able to do.

robert

Now I found times to read and go through the photos.

Yes, Holga (as other toy cameras) is a refreshing experience, double exposures and expired film can surprise, sometimes interesting other times not so much.

And Anton Corbijn giving up photography is a very sad news ... for the ones not familiar with his work is enough to look at tha Pavarotti's portrait in the linked article to see what a he is able to do.

robert
Saw this article today Robert. I understand where he is coming from. His analogue photos of musicians has such depth & a soul that modern digital images lack.

I'm not missing the 'quality' of the pics used in the story. I much prefer using literally any old film camera and taking shots. I use Lomo gear, but don't 'get' Holga...

p.s Anton is not giving up photography, just as a pro.

Back