night crawlers.

L1030920_zps50e5936b.jpg

20711805005_bdffdd618d_h.jpg

Milky Way "Galaxie"

Unbelievable great shot! Matt,
Could you please share some data? camera? lens? where was the light coming from, outside and inside of the car?
Thank you thank you!

Thank you all for your kind comments.

I photographed the Ford Galaxie using a Fuji X-Pro 1 using a Rokinon 8mm full frame fisheye lens. The image was "defished" using Image Trend's Fisheye-Hemi plug in. I utilized the 180 degree field of view of this lens to capture the expanse of the Milky Way during a recent moonless night here in Montana. With this lens, I was able to do a 40 second exposure without noticeable star trailing. The interior of the car was illuminated with two blue LED lightsticks on the back seat and the exterior was briefly illuminated with a blue LED flashlight, using my hand to block the light from the ground. The taillights were lit with a snooted, red LED flashlight. While all of my other light painting image are a single exposure, in this instance, I had to stack two exposures -- one for the Milky Way (40 sec. @ f/2.8, ISO 3200) and one for the car (100 sec. @ f/4, ISO 800) to provide me with the image that I had envisioned for this location.

I photographed this car on the same night that I shot the "Milky Way Galaxie" in the preceding post.

20718627541_624855ad98_h.jpg

Transplant

Fuji X-Pro 1, 10-24mm XF lens at 10.5mm, 180 sec. @ f/4, ISO 200

Exterior lighting was a combination of a purple gelled flash, red LED flashlight and a white light MiniMag AA flashlight. The interior was illuminated by distant outdoor lights which backlit the car and by placing two red LED lightsticks on the front seat.

Back