Night Photography

Pirate

Guitar playing Fotografer
Local time
12:32 AM
Anyone into it?

It's a boring Saturday Night, so, I'm thinking of grabbing the Hasselblad and heading into town for a few hours of darkness. I have a hat full of Fuji Provia 100, even a few rolls of Kodak Ektachrome 100 Plus (might use one roll). Have some other stuff too but I'm thinking of just using the Provia 100. Don't have anything higher than 100 ISO, but that's ok, I have time...

Me, the Hassy, some Fuji, and the Tripod, going on a date.

Anyone into Night Shooting?

Got pics to show off? I'd love to see what you guys have done.

I'd use my rangefinder but I'm running way low on 135 film... like, down to 3 rolls :eek:

Leica M6, Nokton 35/1.4, BW400CN

4354167751_907d9557ba_z.jpg

M8 35 nokton 1.2

I sold this lens to get a 35 summilux asph... I do like the way it renders city lights.

4869209319_00fc3da6d8_b.jpg

Do you guys have TTL? I know the M8 does, or do you use a hand-held meter also? I'll be using my Lunasix tonight.

Nice shots, by the way.

I just shoot wide open and use the longest shutter speed I think I can get away with (1/30 or 1/15). No metering or tripod for me...

Too late today, and for perfect night shooting I like navy blue sky after the sunset with no clouds. Later the contrasts are too high for my taste.

img029b.jpg

Do you guys have TTL? I know the M8 does, or do you use a hand-held meter also? I'll be using my Lunasix tonight.

Nice shots, by the way.

I have a user mode for low light shooting.... Aperture priority, auto ISO up to 640 when the shutter wants to drop below 1/60th.

Stick with the Provia. You won't have to worry much, if at all about the dreaded R word.

R being reciprocity, as in reciprocity failure.

Two shots. Snowed in this February and thought "what the hell."

4346658050_ac3415f71e_z.jpg

Contax G2, 45/2 Planar, XP2 in Rodinal

4441828420_3d35de8094_z.jpg

ZI, 50/2 Planar, Tri-X (EI250) in HC110

Did two rolls of Provia 120. It'll take a while to get them developed, but, that's ok, I have more rolls to shoot while I wait :D

Sjixxxy, love your blog. I'm gonna recalibrate my 3x4 Rangefinder and take it out night shooting with me now!

Only about once a year

Only about once a year

usually 4th of July, we set out tripods and practice long exposures.

A few times a week, especially since summer, we've had to go scouting for the cats with night vision equipment. I wish there were an easy way to glom a camera onto one of these things.

Anyone into it?

It's a boring Saturday Night, so, I'm thinking of grabbing the Hasselblad and heading into town for a few hours of darkness. I have a hat full of Fuji Provia 100, even a few rolls of Kodak Ektachrome 100 Plus (might use one roll). Have some other stuff too but I'm thinking of just using the Provia 100. Don't have anything higher than 100 ISO, but that's ok, I have time...

Me, the Hassy, some Fuji, and the Tripod, going on a date.

Anyone into Night Shooting?

Got pics to show off? I'd love to see what you guys have done.

I'd use my rangefinder but I'm running way low on 135 film... like, down to 3 rolls :eek:

Nice one Antti.

And, check this site for some of mfogiel's. His night photo's in Monaco with blads are stunning.

QUOTE=Rogrund;1384685]Leica M6, Nokton 35/1.4, BW400CN

4354167751_907d9557ba_z.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Back