Nikkor S.C. 5cm 1:1.4 Photos only

Lots of nice results here. A reminder that "newer, sharper, less CA, less vignetting", etc is only tangentially related, if at all, to "makes a better photograph" .

I respect Lloyd Chambers for the yoeman's work he does detailing the optical qualities of the latest lenses, but when was the last time you saw a photo on his site that approached the quality, as a photograph, of some of the ones posted in this thread? That's right, never.
"Better", newer glass is no substitute for vision and craft.
Thanks to all those who have posted here.

Lots of nice results here. A reminder that "newer, sharper, less CA, less vignetting", etc is only tangentially related, if at all, to "makes a better photograph" .

I respect Lloyd Chambers for the yoeman's work he does detailing the optical qualities of the latest lenses, but when was the last time you saw a photo on his site that approached the quality, as a photograph, of some of the ones posted in this thread? That's right, never.
"Better", newer glass is no substitute for vision and craft.
Thanks to all those who have posted here.
I had never heard of this lens when I bought it and a Canon 35mm/2.8 and VI-T body back in the 1970's. I was the second owner at the time. The VI-T and 35mm lens are gone. I've added the Nikkor 8.5cm/2.0 to the 50/1.4. Two small brass and chrome pieces of photography history.
Use them well!
Wayne

Japan Version, 338 something

qJMLDpv.jpg

Leica M6, Pan F+, FX-39

icdhvfG.jpg

Leica IIIc/f, Polypan F, FX-39

A joy to shoot on a Leica M3, and makes an interesting portrait lens:

DOB-1.jpg

Leica M3, Nikkor SC Tokyo 5cm f1.4 w/Double XX

DOB-3.jpg

Leica M3, Nikkor SC Tokyo 5cm f1.4 w/Double XX

Best,
-Tim

The main batch started from 316000 all the way to 41xxxx. Early ones in chrome and later ones in black/chrome
If you have one with 7 digit serial number then you must have the real early example, those started with 5005xxxx
most have 8 digit numbers and some have 7 digit numbers:
Here is an example:

what number is yours?
Kiu

A Nikkor-S 5cm f/1.4 Nippon Kogaku lens, Serial #367839

Does some dramatic flare

Tracks.jpg

Leica iiic, Nikkor SC Tokyo 5cm f1.4 w/Tri-X

One of the early LTM versions in the 5005xxxx series, on it's new home, a Leica iiic. Fun "walking around" combo.

Light.jpg

Leica iiic, Nikkor SC Tokyo 5cm f1.4 w/Tri-X

Best,
-Tim

Back