Nikon at Sarajevo '84 (?)

panamah

Local time
4:21 AM
Recently I purchased an FE with a 35-70 f3.5 constant app. lens. When I got it home and began checking it out for functionality I noticed the strange (at least to me) strap. The main body of the strap is yellow with black stripes on both sides and NIKON in black four times spaced out from end to end with a larger black stripe in between each occurance of NIKON. On the end closest to the right side of the camera is a leather tab, the width of the strap and about 3 inches long embossed with the five Olympic rings at the top; a snowflake; Sarajevo '84; and Official Camera. I asked Nikon about the strap and they danced all around the subject, wouldn't admit if they did or did not make it for the '84 Olympics. Has anyone else seen this strap or have any info concerning Nikon at the Olympics?
thanks
Red

Olympic stuff

Olympic stuff

I have seen canon stuff, boxes, straps and lens caps from Canon with the Olympic logos on them , 1976,1980 & 1984 Los Angeles games , but not Nikon
I searched Ebay, there is a Olympic pin for Nikon being the official camera, but not much else,
i see no mention to the strap on the Nikon historical journal listing, and no mention of Olympic items in a couple books

Jim

Back