Nikon Historical Society: a must for Nikoneers

NIKON KIU

Did you say Nippon Kogaku
Local time
11:15 AM
The Nikon Historical Society, based in the USA, has a worldwide membership of over 400 members from around the world.The Nikon Historical Society was established in 1983.
Our Nikon Journal, published four times a year, concentrates on the history of Japanese photo equipment from the perspective of the Nikon Camera Company. Please consider becoming a member of the NHS.

For more information check our website:
www.nikonhs.org

Our web site is a supplement to the print Journal.

Kiu
Member of Nikon Historical Society

as a Nikon S2 user I would like to join the NHS KIU.
does one have to give out ones email address to join the NHS?

xayraa33 said:
as a Nikon S2 user I would like to join the NHS KIU.
does one have to give out ones email address to join the NHS?

Unless you are registering on the NHS board, you do not have to, even names and addresses could be confidential if one chooses to be annonymous.

I can provide Bob Rotoloni's email address to whoever PM's me on this board as I rather NOT list it here,mainly because of spam.

I thought some readers might want to know the diversity of the NHS members and who might be included.

Please note I am a "rookie" member myself and have only been a member since 2004, so please forgive me if I miss or err on some of my introductions.

To start I like to mention that most NHS members are Photographers, lots are Professionals like Mr. Al Satterwhite who is a published, renowned and recognized photographer endorsed by Nikon Inc. Mr Tom Abrahamasson, who needs no introduction around here, Mr. Jarle Aasland...I can probably name a few dozen more.

There is also Mr. Stephen Gandy himself, the head bartender, official cause of the availability of Nikon RF mount lenses in this century and long time member of NHS, before it even existed!

There are Historians like Mr. Wes Loder , professional Librerian, researcher and the author of a new upcoming book regarding the early history of Nikon RF cameras in USA.

We even have members that have turned into master repair technicians like Pete "Nikon"-Smith and Sover Wong, the F2 master. Be aware where the love of Nikon can drag you!!

Then there is Bob Rotoloni, known to many of us as Mr. "Nikon" on this side of the globe.

Of course, there are many members active on these very same forums,who in time, I am sure will step forward and enlighten our discussions.

Please feel free to ask questions.

Regards,

Kiu

Last edited:
thanks for the reply Kiu,.. I just joined the NHS forum and it was painless.it
looks like a good place to learn a few Nikon things.

Back