Nikon Historical Society NHS-Convention Oct 1st 2018 Chicago

NIKON KIU

Did you say Nippon Kogaku
Local time
4:50 PM
We are set for end of September.

Here is the first notice:

Dear NHS Member,
NHS-Con16 will be in Itasca, Illinois on September 28 & 29, 2018! Itasca is a western suburb of Chicago and is only about 10-12 miles from O'Hare airport so it is actually more convenient than going downtown.
You are receiving this special email because you have attended one or more of the last few Conventions and it is better to communicate with you at this early date. Waiting for the next issue of the Journal (March 31), meant you would have to wait till the first week of April so consider this a special favor to those who have supported the Society meetings in the past.
Those involved in organizing previous meetings have been tussling with the possibility and feasibility of having our 16th Convention. After much thought, both pro and con, the desire to meet once again has resulted in the decision to hold NHS-Con16 in the Chicago area for a few reasons.
Those of you who were in Paris, San Francisco & Philadelphia obviously noticed that this editor had a bit of difficulty walking and getting around. The result of arthritis, I simply am not able to travel as I once did, and I personally felt that Con15 would be our last for this reason. However, members of the current committee worked over-time to get me to agree to Con16 if we could hold it in my area so traveling would not be difficult. I have agreed to do just that.
Our first 2 meetings (1988 & 90) were in the Chicago area so the theme of 'getting back to the beginning' or 'bringing it all back home' came up. Also a more 'compact' meeting, similar to the first 3-4 conventions, was decided upon. So be it. We're returning to our roots in more ways than one and NHS-Con16 will be the weekend of September 28/29 near Chicago.
Preliminary planning is as follows:
Friday Night Hospitality party in our own private room from 6-9PM. I will arrange for ample amounts of "finger food" so please plan on being there. We cannot supply alcohol (expense is tremendous) but we will have a cash bar for those who wish it. Try to be there so we can all meet and talk and have a good time. And maybe doing some trading?
Saturday meeting room is ours from 8am-6pm (meeting starts at 9am!). We will supply coffee/rolls in the AM, and a buffet lunch! Plans are being made now as to speakers and other events for the day.
Closing dinner buffet will be at 7-11pm.
On Sunday will be, in the very same hotel, the Abraham Vinegar 'Photorama' camera show as an added attraction, so Friday, Saturday & Sunday will be full days.
All food and non-alcoholic beverages on Friday & Saturday will be completely covered by the $200 convention fee, the same fee we have had for the last 2 meetings. Everything is paid for by the Society.
The next issue of the Journal will have all the details known to that date, but you might want to make your hotel reservations as soon as possible. We have rooms for Wednesday (26th), Thursday (27th), Friday (28th), Saturday (29th) and Sunday (30th). No rooms are available at this time for Monday October 1.
Hotel info is:
Holiday Inn-Itasca, 860 West Irving Park Road, Itasca, Il 60143
Their website is www.holidayinn.com/itascail so please look them up and check it out!
NHS reservation code is 'CVN'. Direct line is 630-773-2340. Fax is 630-773-3909
Our contact persons are:
Sandra Schuda, Catering Sales Manager, at 630-773-2342 & Fax at 630-773-3909 (for all questions). Her email is [email protected]
Marisa Piotrowski, Meeting Manager, at 630-773-2345 & Fax at 630-773-3909 (for all room questions & reservations). Her email is [email protected]. I have attached her email with booking info.
Our group rate for either single King or Twin beds is $95/night plus taxes etc. Probably around $110-120 total. Make sure you mention our meeting to get your correct rate. Remember our code is "CVN"
Thank you
Robert Rotoloni [email protected]

I will update when more information is posted.

Kiu

file.php

Kiu,

Thank you for posting this. How does one go about becoming a NHS member? And is this convention only open to NHS members?

Best,
-Tim

NHS membership costs $40 a year. includes 4 magazines.
Convention fee is $200 and includes meal and lecture.
No need to become member to attend convention, just pay $200 convention fee.

Bob is getting close to 70 years old, this may be the last of the conventions.

Hey folks,
if you want to attend,
make plans!

I will be there. Join us!

Mailing address:
RJR Publishing Inc.
PO Box 3213
Munster, IN 46321
USA

eMail:
Robert Rotoloni, [email protected], to join. Please email for other payment options.

Dues:
US/Canada: $40 USD for 1 YR or $100 USD for 3 YRS
Other: $50 USD for 1 YR or $130 USD for 3 YRS
Outside the USA, payment must be an international money order, in US dollars.
Payments must be made to: RJR Publishing Inc.

What is included with your membership to the NHS?
Your membership in the Nikon Historical Society includes the NIKON Journal published four times a year. It is the most important source of information for the serious Nikon collector. Articles are contributed by NHS members. Topics include descriptions and photos of the cameras, interviews with the designers, and news about collecting. There is a free classified ad section, and letters to the editor.

The NIKON Journal is printed on coated stock, so the illustrations are of very high quality. There is simply no other reference like it in the world! Our editor covers every detail of the Nikon system, using articles submitted by NHS members.

Sample page from the Journal
http://www.nikonhistoricalsociety.com/p/blog-page.html

Stephen

Back