Nikon LiteTouch AF (600)

Huss

Mentor
Local time
9:16 AM
I'm working on the theory that if a camera is tiny, it doesn't really count if you add it to your collection. Cuz, well, it's not taking up any space..

So I picked up this NOS Nikon LiteTouch after reading the somewhat unflattering review of it on 35mmc.com
Wait, that doesn't make sense does it? Well... the only thing I pay attention to are the images, and from that review the lens - a 28mm 3.5 - looks to be a cracker.
Still finishing the first roll through it, but I agree with the assessment about how cheap and flimsy it feels. But I guess that is how they kept it so light, I mean lite.
Slowest film advance ever. But nice touch that it only takes one push on the flash symbol to turn it off.

Giddy up!

Just noticed we have a subforum for the P&S 35mm.

I am longing for thrift store surfing, but have to wait at least a week as all the ones in my are are closed for summer holidays. Usually nothing interesting to be found, but your recent insights sort of make GAS burning. I did find a couple mju I's last year but hope luck didn't run out and I may find something interesting again.

Light... Well, yes, they are easier to hoard. Sadly not living in California or the Mediterranean California, where light is great all around and where these would be in constant use. The bit of summer remaining makes me want to get these for use and abuse.
Minolta Weathermatic is one I wonder about. Because it can be taken into water

I had one. The worst shutter release button, ever. I don’t like 28mm in p&s, so when the tiny Nikon stopped working I wasn’t really sad.

I have one, though haven't used it in nearly 20 years.

While it is a light weight very plastic camera, the image quality is excellent.

I had one. The worst shutter release button, ever. I don’t like 28mm in p&s, so when the tiny Nikon stopped working I wasn’t really sad.

Hmm, I don't notice any issues with the shutter button. And 28mm is my favourite focal length in P&S kameras, which is why I also got the Fuji Work Record, and always shoot my Rollei QZ35 at 28mm (where it matches up to my Leica Asph 28mm 2.8.)

I do wonder how long this lump will last, seeing that there are so many broken ones out there for sale! I try to take care of my stuff so we'll see.

I had two of these. Handle with care. Images are pretty good. Folks will pay good money for one that works well in good shape. A couple of shots from the streets of Austin, Texas.

Attachments

• 0012.jpg
    0012.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 0014.jpg
    0014.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
The shutter button and control buttons will get harder and harder to push as the flexible board under the buttons will cause cracks in the gold circuitry. I've had three of these and have made two of them work by simply scratching the circuit across the hairline gaps to effect a repair. The shutter over the lens is a big fault and it can either be removed or fixed. I prefer to fix it, which is easy. If the shutter gets out of synch or fails, causing the mechanism to stall, the camera will immediately shut off and then people throw them away. The fix is simple. I really like my current working sample but once it goes, I'll be shopping for another few.
Phil Forrest

One of the few P&S that I still want to try out but haven't come across in the flesh yet.

Can't comment on the feel, but have liked the images I've seen from them previously.

One of the few P&S that I still want to try out but haven't come across in the flesh yet.

Can't comment on the feel, but have liked the images I've seen from them previously.

Where are you? If you're in LA, you can check mine out. It's NOS so about as clean as it gets.

Just finished the test roll, so tomorrow I'll find out if it is worth the pseudo hype.

Mine simply will not acknowledge that it has taken up a new roll of film and reads as 'E'.
It's a shame as I liked the lens and the size.
I can't justify buying a replacement at current (Australian) prices.

It's a great alternative for the crazy expensive and overhyed (fragile!) Ricoh GR1-series...I do have a AF600 too-and love it.

I got one a few years ago and put a couple rolls of film through it then put it in "the drawer" with all the other point and shoots I have. I didn't have high hopes for the three element lens, but the thing delivers pretty well. Now it is in the stack of "I need to get rid of this stuff."

2015-006-39.jpg

I got one a few years ago and put a couple rolls of film through it then put it in "the drawer" with all the other point and shoots I have. I didn't have high hopes for the three element lens, but the thing delivers pretty well. Now it is in the stack of "I need to get rid of this stuff"

Patrick,
Perhaps I can help with that?
Please PM me if that's the case:cool:

Where are you? If you're in LA, you can check mine out. It's NOS so about as clean as it gets.

Just finished the test roll, so tomorrow I'll find out if it is worth the pseudo hype.

Appreciate the offer, I'm about 5000 miles away unfortunately, so I'll just have to keep hoping to stumble onto one

So how sharp is the lens in this little plastic ritz cracker?

Full image (Fuji Superia 400, Nikon Z7 scan)

100% crop showing the print quite clearly on the street sign:

Yeah, this little camera is a corker. Let's hope it lasts!

Anyone had an Original Nikon One Touch?

Anyone had an Original Nikon One Touch?

They're somewhat big and clunky. My grandpa had one in the late 80s and he just loved it. He mostly left his "proper" 35mm gear at home in favor of this.

I remember him raving about the Nikon lens. I think it was a 35/2.8.

I see them come up for cheap on Facebook Marketplace, and I'm trying to resist pulling the trigger on it. I figure for 35 mm, I'm better off with my Rollei 35 or Olympus OM1N...

Might've been the L35AF, which looks about the same.

Thoughts?

Back