Nikon Rangefinder Lenses on Nikon Mirrorless

MaxElmar

Well-known
Local time
9:49 PM
So, has anyone used their classic Nikon RF lenses on a Nikon Z ? Perhaps the Head Bartender will source an adapter to use my W-Nikkor 35/1.8 on a Z6? And just save any noise about how "those old lenses won't perform - blah blah blah" Yeah, I know that. I don't care. I'm gonna do it first chance I get. Ha, ha!

There isn't a direct adapter that I know of, but I'm using the Amedeo Nikon RF to Leica M mount adapter, and then a Leica M to Nikon Z adapter, and I'm happy to say all the Nikon RF lenses work with this combo, including the 35mm f1.8, and Voigtlander 21mm f4. And I think the image quality from these old Nikkor RF lenses is fine on the Z6.

Best,
-Tim

Thanks, Tim! After I posted I found what appears to be an inexpensive direct adapter on eBay - item 283337490025 is the one I ordered. I’ll let you know how it works!

I have two adapters with helicoid - one Ukrainian for Sony E I use with the Kipon E-Z adapter:

rff01.jpg

And one with Leica M mount (no large photo, sorry):

rff02.jpg

Still, if you can get the screw-mount versions of these lenses, since they are much easier to adapt, and some even focus closer.

IMHO.....Butt Ugly.

B2 (;->

Hey, don't blame the model - it's always the photographer ;-)

But I have to agree. While the Z's handle well, and I sort of get the industrial design style with the native lenses, they are not the most "beautiful" cameras. And with rangefinder lenses, it's just a style clash. I think the more angular Sonys work better in the looks department.

We do need that digital SP from Nikon.

Back